Chapter 22: I'm Sure

A/N:

Wow 1.04k reads!!! Thank you guys so much, this is what motivates me to be a writer: my fans and people who read my stories. Thank you so much!

-Boo

Chapter 22: I’m Sure

Alex’s POV:

I let out a loud scream and ran downstairs.

“I made it!” I yelled

Henry, Max, Justin and Jake had my full attention as they sat in the living room.

“what?” Max asks confused

“I got into Duke!” I yell again

Max gasped “oh my god, congratulations!”

Max, along with the rest of them got up to hug me and congratulated me.

“well since we are all celebrating going to college I say we go out for dinner tonight?” Max smiles

Everybody agreed, but Henry looked worried or sad.

“you ok?” I ask

“uh yea, I’m fine” he avoids eye contact

“no your not what’s wrong?”

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me” he gives a small smile and kisses the top of my head

Max dragged me off with her to get ready.

“so, are you excited for Duke?” she smiles

“yes, I can’t wait! Maybe this year they can have a winning basketball team” I laugh

"with you, for sure they will"

When we were ready we went back downstairs where the boys were waiting. Max wore her normal nice shirt, jean shorts and her hair up in her usual bun. Me, I wore my Packers t-shirt Henry bought me a while ago, some jean shorts and I let my hair down. Max walks over to Jake as he plants a kiss on her lips. Henry looked at me and smiled.

"someones looking prettier than ever" Henry smiles

"you say that everyday" I blush

"well you get prettier everyday"

I smile and roll my eyes.

"lets go handsome" I laugh

We all walk out the door and climb into Jake's truck. Jake drove and Max sat in the front seat with him their hands entwined, such a cute couple. Henry and I sat in the backseat, he had his arm around me and held my hand with his free one. He kissed the top of my head as he and Jake started talking about random things.

"so I'm going to college, Justin is going to college and Jake has one more year of school" I say "what about y'all"

"oh yea remember that fashion school I applied for, NC A&T State University?" I nod as she continues "well uh, I got accepted" she smiles

We all congratulate her as she starts talking about it, then I turn to Henry.

"what about you?" I ask

"uh, I haven't decided yet" he avoids eye contact

Something is definitely up with him.

---

"bye Justin" Max hugged him and cried

Justin gave Max a hug then moved onto Jake and Henry.

"take care of my little sister" he tells Henry

Henry nodded before they did one of them bro hug things. He then moved onto me, yes I was crying because Justin was like my brother and seeing him go is sad.

"hey don't cry, I'll be back and remember you promised to call me everyday" he hugs me tightly

He let's go of me and picks up his bags and puts them in his truck. Max walks over to me crying, I hug her as we watch Justin drive away. He waves out the window as he speeds down the driveway. Max starts bawling with me and soon Henry and Jake joined us for a group hug.

"Hey, don't cry you'll see him again soon. Lets order some pizza and chill out for today" Henry said hugging me

I nod and we all go inside to watch some movies and just chill out for the day. I sit on Henry's lap as we watch Step Brothers and literally can't stop laughing. After the movie goes off I turn to Max and Jake.

"Max, when are you leaving for college?" I ask

"A couple weeks after graduation" she says silently

"Least we won't all be to far away" I say

Henry looked upset again and he excused himself. I watched him walk out of the room and into the kitchen, Max gave me a worried look and motioned for me to go. I hesitated a little before following Henry into the kitchen where he was leaning against the counter looking like he was thinking really hard.

"What's wrong?" I ask, walking over and sitting on the counter across from him

"Nothing" he says avoiding eye contact

"You've been acting like this for days now, what's wrong?"

He looks over at me and sighs "I made it into University of Wisconsin-Madison. I got a full scholarship for their football team. But they gave me a week to figure out if I wanted to go or not"

I smile at him "that's good! Why are you sad?"

"It's in Wisconsin, 897 miles away."

My smile falls and I lower my head.

"But I'm not gonna take it" he says

My head snaps up "Henry, how could you not take this? It's a full scholarship to a college you've been wanting to go to forever, take it."

"But we're 14 hours away, I can't handle that. It's to far away from you"

I take his hand and pull him over to me, I put my hand under his chin to look up at me.

"We'll see each other, we can Skype, Facetime, talk, text, anything. But you love this college, don't waste an opportunity on your dreams" I say

His deep blue eyes stare into mine as he kisses me "Thanks Alex" he says when he pulls away

"When do you leave?" I ask

"The day after you do" he says "So I'll drive you to Duke and help you out"

I nod, and he helps me off the counter as we make our way back into the living room.

"Congrats man" Jake said

"Congrats Henry" Max smiled "We kinda heard everything"

Henry and I laugh and shake our heads. They were perfect for each other, they both had the same interests like spying. I'll miss them when we go to college.

===

A/N:

Hey guys, so a surprise update! And this will be my 3rd story update this week and I'm extremely proud of myself. Go check out my other books, I'd really appreciate it I think y'all would enjoy them. So I'll try to update again within a week or sometime before New Years. Happy New Year guys!

-Boo