Step Six

{warning: self harm}

(sorry for the typos I'll fix 'em soon)

Step Six- I Wanna Save You

*Lucy's POV*

Tears stream down my face as I look at Harry.

"Why are you doing this? What happened?" He simply shakes his head and starts to sob into my neck. I peer down to his wrists and see all his scars, new and old, covered in blood. I grab the tissue box from the bedside table and why away his tears. I gently pick up the razor from his hands and bring him to the bathroom.

He continues to let out soft sobs as I rinse his arms underneath the water. I carefully put some band aids onto him and bring him back out. We sit in silence as he leaves tear stains on my shirt. I soothingly rub small circles on his back.

"Harry?" I whisper trying to to startle him. He looks up at me with red puffy eyes and, for the first time since I found him, he speaks.

"Lucy, I-I can't do this anymore." His voice cracks as he tries to contain his tears.

"What can't you do?" I ask.

"This, everything. I can't live with him loving someone else. I know I need to accept it but I love him so much. He doesn't even notice me anymore since she came around. Lucy I l-love him!" He wails.

"Love who?"

"I love Louis! I've loved him since that god damned day I met him in the toilets! I loved him before she did, she's probably using him for fame. But I can never be with him." He trails off into another heartbreaking sob. His lip quivers as he pulls me into a tight hug. He looks up and whispers something like "I'm sorry".

"Harry, if you love him tell him. Soon before you regret not telling him. Now promise me you won't do this again," I say gesturing to his wrists. He nods and hugs me again. We stay like this for about five minutes until I crack the ice.

"Harry, as funny as this sounds, I feel like I need to protect you. How 'bout we become besties aye?" He giggles at my speech and nods, curls flying everywhere.

"C'mon bestie lets go!" He says pulling on an oversized sweatshirt. I smile sympathetically at him as we head downstairs. It's been about forty five minutes since I got here so I decide to make some lunch.

"Hey do you want a sandwich?" I ask the tall boy walking in.

"And I was like, babe, make me a sandwich, please." He says in a cartoon voice. He kisses my head and I smile at how close we've gotten in merely an hour.

"And some curly fries, Curly Fry?" He weakly smiles and shakes his head. "Um Harry?" I ask uncertainly. He hums in response, urging me to go on.

"How long have you been... cutting?"

He thinks for a minute and guilt crosses his face. "A year..." As he says that his eyes brim with unshed tears.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that!" I quickly say. I walk up to him a gently kiss his forehead. He still has to lean down a bit considering he's about 6 inches taller than me. He blinks away the tears and I continue to make the sandwiches. When I'm done I find Harry lying on the couch with a couple of tears absentmindedly slipping from his eyes. I use my thumbs to wipe them away as I hand him the sandwich. He mumbles a thank you pulling me into a hug.

We spend the next hour or so eating, laughing, and watching TV when someone knocks on the door.

"I'll get it!" I say jumping up and forwarding towards to the door before he can protest. I check through the peephole and see about ten 16 year old girls standing there. I frown and send Harry a quick text to hide just in case. I slowly open the door and smile at them.

"Uhh... Hi?" I ask as they all stare at me.

"Who are you?" The blonde in the front says, smacking her gum. She was wearing a skirt that barely covered her butt and a tight shirt with a clear view of her push up bra.

"I should be asking you the same thing since you came to MY house." Blondie sends me a glare as her friends snicker.

"Where is he? My baby?"

"Who?" I ask, cocking my head.

"Harry duh!" She spits a little in the process.

"Sorry but no one named Harry lives here. Just me and my family so y'all can take the little amount of clothing you have and leave." And with that I slam the door in their faces. Suddenly Harry come out from behind the couch and starts laughing. I smirk and do a little bow for my performance.

He yawns, trying to stifle it, but it was still very audible. I smile at the adorable boy in front of me. His eyes were drooping closed and he was lying on the couch in a fetal position.

"Lets take a nap." I whisper yawning on the word nap. He sleepily nods and pulls me onto the couch, nuzzling his head into my neck. I realized that he's never had anyone he's told this to, and he can only act this was around me. I smile at the thought and hear Harry whispering "thank you" into my ear before drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

~

I hear a loud noise as I continue to lay down and close my eyes. It soon gets louder and louder and I jerk my eyes open. I squint them from the bright light and look around, I'm still at the boys' place. I check my phone and read it to be 4:09 pm.

I silently thank god that it's a Saturday. As I put my phone away I hear the noise again but ignore it and lay back down. After about five minutes I hear a scream and Harry and I simultaneously shoot up from the couch to find a distressed Niall and Liam.

"We're you guys... um... sleeping? Together?" Niall asks with red ears of awkwardness. I feel my face heat up as I shake my head.

"No! Nothing like that! We were just taking a nap because we got tired." Harry says, his voice was very slow and raspy from just waking up. You could see he would fall back asleep any second. Both the other boys let out a breath of relief and I chuckle at how silly that idea was. They both leave the room but not before Liam comments, "Cute sweatshirt Harry!" And leaves with a smile. Harry and I look at each other and he grins sheepishly at his sweatshirt, which contains the wording "Mrs. Styles".

"When aren't you cute Styles?" I laugh with him as he makes funny faces at me.

"I'm always cute!" He states, pounding his chest. We both set off into a fit of giggles. This is the Harry that needs to always be up and alive, not the other sad one I think as he continues to laugh at something not even that funny.

-------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------

{A/N: ugh sorry for the unplanned schedule. I've just been focused in my grades a lot. My writing will soon get longer and better so stay with me! The end of this was kinda just a filler so yeah! Vote, comment, share, and fan!

Ily -Nisha}