34%

Phil sighed so deeply his breath could've fogged a million glasses.

"Can we pull over?" Adrian yawned from behind us.

"Why?"

"I gotta take a piss."

Phil smiled a little, turning the car into the nearest gas station. Once we were parked, my little brother burst from the car and sprinted into the store.

"What does pink mean, Phil?" I asked him, trying to take the topic off of me.

"Pink..." Phil repeated, eyes wandering as though the description was printed in front of him. "Remember the time we raided Johnson's cabinet?" He asked. I said I did. "It was the color I saw when we ran down the hall."

"And remember when we-" Phil stopped to laugh. "We played with Adrian... Duck from the wood?"

"That was yesterday."

"Uh huh, but the color from one of his posters is, like, burned into my mind." He exaggerated, putting his hand to his forehead.

"I don't understand." I admitted.

"Me either, but I just roll with it." He responded.

"That's it? You don't care that you're feeling something?"

"Oh, I know what it is." He smiled. "I just have to be sure."

"Of what?"

"Why don't you answer my question first?" He turned to me.

I swallowed. "I'm not in love, no." I lied, feeling my heart suddenly become very heavy. Phil looked down at the steering wheel.

"If you two are done making out..." Adrian slid back into his seat, interrupting us. "Let's get this show back on the road."

"Yeah." Phil agreed, starting our road trip back up again.