76%

"Dan." Mom knocked on my door, stepping into my room. I mumbled in response. "Phil's here. He said he wants to talk."

I rolled over and looked at her. She must've noticed the red in my eyes, because her eyebrows furrowed. "I- uhm... I'll tell him you're still sleeping?"

I nodded, and she left quietly. Mom came back in what felt like a few moments later, but an hour had past after I fell asleep again.

"Dan? Phil's back."

"What time is it?" I mumbled.

"Quarter past 11."

"I'll talk to him."

"Are you sure?" She gripped the door knob. "I can tell him to screw."

I breathed a laugh. "No, it's alright. Tell him to wait for me outside."

"Alright. Is everything okay, sweetheart?"

"Yeah.." I lied. She smiled and left the room.

I took my time getting up and out of bed. There were no new texts on my phone, only tagged photos of me all over the internet. I threw on some decent clothes and headed downstairs.

With one last deep breath, I opened the door to Phil sitting on my porch. He stood when I closed the door behind me. His eyes trailed everywhere except my face. "Well?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"...I don't know what to say. I've never cheated on anybody before."

I sighed and looked my shoes. "Why did you do it?"

"I don't know." Phil shook his head. "I don't even know who she-... I don't even like girls!"

"Were you drunk?"

"Immensely."

"Oh." I shifted my weight from one foot to the other.

"I remember seeing you, though." He started. I glanced up at him. "And then you ran, and I kind of, like, gained consciousness and I pushed her."

"You pushed her?"

"Yeah. Like 'into the wall and tried to run after you' pushed her."

It took every ounce of strength to hold in a laugh. "Oh."

"Are you upset?"

"Did you have sex with her?"

"No."

"Then not as much as before."

"Wh-what?" Phil looked shocked. "You're not mad?"

"Just... I know it wasn't intentional."

"But, you should be mad."

"I kind of am."

"Dan, I cheated on you! Why aren't you throwing punches?"

I held my hands up in defense. "I- I don't know!"

"Maybe we should take a break." He said.

"What?"

"It'll give you some time to think about what I've done."

"Phi-... Wait."

"I'll see you, Dan." He smiled softly, and left my house without another word. Even though I called after him, he didn't look back.