Dinner pt.3

Katelyn POV

Travis was balling his eyes out, stuttering upon word after word, not knowing how to confess for what he has done. My heart, without even hearing any of his words was sinking. Travis, his pain was killing me as much as it was him. I wanted to cry but part of me was filled with anger, I don't even know what he did, but I know he regrets it. My question still stands of what he had done.

"Spit it out already!"

I felt tears forming in my eyes, but I was shocked I spoke.  Travis calmed himself, but started pleading for me not to be upset and hear him out. To me, it depended on what he had done. I love him, and would not leave him easily, but if I had to leave him...I still wouldn't. I can't lie to myself, I could be upset at him, I could want to kill him, I could want to call him an idiot and punch him in the face. But I still love the little dork, I can't hold grudges with him.

"I, I won't leave you."

A sigh of relief washed over him, he still looked ashamed and knew I would not be happy, but he seemed like he could be open.

"I was out at a party. It was no fun, I was so upset about your disappearance I couldn't find myself being happy even around all our friends. Laurence offered me a drink, and being as careless as I was, I took it. And I took another, and another, and then I was drunk. People do stupid things when they are drunk, and I am a person, and I make mistakes. Lucinda was at the party," I knew what was coming, hopefully what he was saying about being drunk was true," and we did things, things I will never do to her ever again. I promise."

I wasn't so angry, maybe it was because he told me he was drunk or the way he said it, or that I knew he couldn't leave me. I smiled, telling him he better not or he will regret it. He giggled, but in a way that made it sound like he was more intimidated than anything. We finally arrived at the restaurant,  and it was much quieter than I imagined. We got a table outside and we talked, we talked ,and talked ,and talked, and we were back to the way we were before. I let the Lucinda thing go behind me, I shouldn't have, He's gone now, but he'll be back in 4 years.
Guys I'm making a second part to this because this is getting to long and I need a big time skip and felt it would be better if I just made a new story. This one is far from over, so don't worry. The new book will either come out on 6/28 or 6/29, any later and I will apologize and make it extra long. I love you guys and thank you so very much for everything! See y'all in the next book.