Chapter 5

He started the car and drove towards the movie theater.

We rode in silence for a while before he said, "I don't want to do this you know."

Wow. Way to be abrupt.

"Well you didn't hesitate to say yes," I smirked. I watched as his calm face turned to a frown.

"Why are we even doing this? I know you don't like me. I'm not stupid." He was looking at me now, watching the road out of the corner of his eye. I absolutely can't stand when people take their eyes off the road when they're driving. It makes me nervous.

"It's complicated," I mumbled.

We reached the theater and he parked in a random spot.

"We're not getting out until you tell me why you asked me out." His eyes looked into mine, as if he was staring into my soul. It made me uncomfortable.

"Why do you even care? Is it really that big of a deal?"

"Fine. Forget about it. Lets just get this over with." He unlocked the door and got out of the car. I took a minute to get myself together before getting out. I had heard he was an intense person but I thought it was just an act. Apparently not.

When we got inside, we bought two tickets for The Conjuring. It wasn't my first choice, seeing as it's two hours long and I wanted the "date" to end as soon as possible, but he insisted we see it. He even payed for my ticket.

We sat all the way in the back, right in the middle. Definitely the best spot to sit in a theater in my opinion.

The first hour went by quickly because the movie was interestingly scary and made me forget Austin was even there.

Until I had a feeling that he was starring at me.

"What?" I whispered.

He didn't say anything, he just kept starring at me.

"I said what?!" I looked at him and next thing I knew, he was kissing me.

I pulled back quickly and looked at him in shock.

"What the hell was that?!" I shout-whispered

"Just my way of apologizing to you for earlier. I've just had a lot on my mind lately. I didn't mean to be rude."
He smiled at me sweetly.

"I- we- I can't do this." I stood up and started to walk quickly down the stairs towards the exit.

"Wait how are you gonna get ho-" was the last thing I heard before I reached the door and ran out of the theater as fast as I could. What a great date this was.

***

My house wasn't too far from the theater, so I decided to walk home. It never got too cold at night in San Antonio, so I was warm.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared that a burglar was gonna kill me, but there were a lot of houses around so if I screamed someone would hear me.

I spent most of my walk deciding if I should sneak in the house or tell my mom that I got back early because the movie wasn't good. The excuse was pretty sucky but it would have to do. Sneaking in would be too difficult.

"Mom I'm home!" I called, shutting the door behind me. Her and Jenna were sitting on the couch watching a cheesy Lifetime movie.

"Why are you home so soon?"

I sat on the other couch and kicked off my boots. "Eh the movie wasn't that great and we decided to leave early."

"Oh that's too bad."

"Well how was it? How was he? Did you guys kiss?" Jenna asked.

"He was alright I guess. And no we didn't kiss," I said, rather over dramatically.

"I was just asking. Are you gonna go on another date?" I love Jenna but her overly curious nature could get quite annoying at times.

"No I don't think so."

Not wanting to answer any more questions, I went upstairs to my room and changed into my pajamas.

"Goodnight guys!" I called and shut my door. I got in bed and fell asleep a couple minutes after I closed my eyes. It had been a long day, and I was so glad it was over.