Chapter 8

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted in a really long time, I've been busy with school and stuff like that, but here's a new chapter for ya
---

This time when I woke up, I wasn't tied down to a chair. In fact, I wasn't tied down to anything.

I was in a different room, this one had more light. In the middle of the room there was a table with several chairs, and for some reason there was a bed in the corner.

I got up from the floor, my eyes adjusting to the darkness. I looked over at the bed and noticed that something was laying on it.

In fact it wasn't a something, it was a someone.

"Jenna?" I whispered. I ran over to the bed and looked down at her. She was unconscious and there was a bruise on the side of her head, but the only thing that mattered was that she was alive and breathing.

"Jenna please wake up." I began to gently shake her, which to my surprise almost instantly woke her up.

"Where am I? What happened?" she asked groggily.

I helped her sit up and said, "Jenna are you alright? Oh god we have to get out of here. Can you walk?"

"Yeah just give me a minute." She slowly stood up and rubbed her forehead. "What do these guys want from us?"

"I don't know, but there's a lot I have to tell you. We should try to get out of here first." It felt like the room was getting hotter and hotter and it was making it difficult for me to breath.

"Ok. Let's go."

We slowly made our way to the door, and I peeked my head out to make sure there was no one around. Not seeing anyone, I whispered, "There's no one here, keep moving."

We only walked about three feet before someone's voice made me stop.

"And where do you two think you're going?"

I turned around to see the whole crew standing behind us.

"Jenna run!" I yelled, but neither of us could get anywhere because Robert grabbed me and Zach grabbed Jenna.

"Caroline I think it's time we have a little talk," Austin said, smirking.

I watched as Zach dragged Jenna back to the room we were in and slam the door shut, locking it from the outside.

Austin grabbed my arm and started pulling me up the stairs while the other guys followed behind. We eventually made it to a room at the top of the stairs. Austin pushed me inside and closed the door behind us, leaving the other guys to stand outside and watch through the one way glass.

He made me sit in one of the metal chairs and handcuffed my hands to it. He sat in the opposite chair and looked at me.

"Look, in no way do I want to hurt you or your sister-"

"Bullshit you don't." I said furiously.

"Don't interrupt me!" he said calmly.
"I may seem like an asshole but I don't hurt people."

I honestly never took the time to think about that. Sure he was in a "gang" and sure he probably committed crimes but it didn't occur to me that he was never accused of hurting someone. In a way he seemed too good to do that, yet Zach and Robert seemed a little more violent. And then there was Alex who wouldn't even hurt a fly.

"Then why are we here? What is it that you want from me? From us?"
I shifted uncomfortably in the chair. "And are these handcuffs really necessary? They're hurting my wrists."

"You ask too many questions," was all he said.

"Yeah I get that a lot," I said sarcastically. Despite his serious attitude, he actually laughed. Either this guy is bipolar or his intimidating attitude is a bunch of bullshit.

Suddenly, he stopped laughing and looked angry. "Stop with the jokes, this is a serious matter." Yep. Definitely bipolar.

"You didn't answer my question."

"Well maybe if you didn't ask so many at once, I would be able to." Smartass.

I took a deep breath, forcing myself not to do anything I might regret. "Why are me and my sister here?"

He leaned his chair back and put his feet on the table. "Well wouldn't you like to know," he smirked.

"Can you stop being such an asshole and tell me what's going on!" I yelled. This kid is gonna make me lose my mind.

"Fine. Like I told you on the phone, you have something I need." He laced his fingers together and laid his hands on his stomach. He seemed pretty calm for someone who was keeping two people hostage.

"I don't know what you need. Do you want money? Because I can get you money." My desperation to get away from him was getting worse by the second.

"No, sweetheart, I don't want your money." He took his feet off the desk, put his elbows on the table, and leaned forward, our faces inches apart. "What I need is those tapes."

"Tapes? What kind of tapes?" I asked. I leaned back as far as I could so we were farther away from each other.

"Why don't you ask your daddy? Oh wait, you can't, because he's dead. Did I mention that I killed him?"

That's it. I'm gonna murder this kid.