vierundzwanzig

IM SORRY DONT KILL ME
-----

"Cara!"

Malia ran to the girl who almost collapsed, but Malia caught her and gently pit her on the ground. Shock was all over everyone's faces. Soft gasps were coming from Cara.

"Cara. I'm sorry. It's all my fault."

"It- it isn't. I could have easily jumped out of the way," Cara laughed sadly, before wincing.

"I know I didn't say it, but I really like you. And I don't re-regret the kiss.".Cara said, swallowing the blood in her mouth.

Cara said, swallowing the blood in her mouth

"I don't either. I'm sorry I was too much of a coward to do it sooner."

Cara shook her head, her breaths coming heavy. Malia knew she was about to die at any second, which devastated her. She wanted to hang on to Cara longer. She thought she would be her best friend, at least, forever.

"Goodbye, Malia. I love you." Cara felt the life slowly draining out of her, almost wanting to scream that she wasn't done with life. She wanted more. As selfish as it sounds, she wanted more than she had. She wanted Malia, she wanted to know what her supernatural power was, because she knew she had one. She wanted to be with her friends more often.

She regret spending not spending more time with both Malia and all of her friends, and family. Family. The last time she saw her family was a few hours ago. They had no idea she snuck out. They'll be devastated.

"No! Cara! Please don't! Scott, you can give her the bite!"

"It's too late."

"No...please try...please" Malia begged, now sobbing into Cara.

Scott stepped forward before looking at Cara who was staring up into the sky. He took her arm, and sunk his razor sharp teeth into her soft pale skin. Nothing happened.

"I'm sorry."

Cara's eyes shut, as Malia started sobbing even harder.

She had lost her best friend.

- - - - -

wow, um I'm sorry. that was the last chapter of The State Of Dreaming. honestly, writing this chapter made me cry. imagine seeing Malia so vulnerable. it makes me so sad.