New Life

Hurimu looked at me then stood, "rest up, you got a lot to learn my friend". I sighed and stayed sitting up, ' a lot to learn..'. I gripped the bed thinking, reliving what had happened to Ellie. 'why do i get to live..if only i saved her..' "U-Um excuse me, S-Shiro was it?..." the girl from earlier walked in her cheeks a little red as she shyly walked over. "I...Im Kiumi, I- I should not have had been listening, but, I...I am terribly sorry for what happened.." 'Kiumi...she is shy..' I thought to myself watching her shake a small bit walking to me. "I..It's okay Kiumi" I put on a slight smile trying to be polite, "By chance, are you the one who has been treating me?..". Kiumi seemed to blush a darker shade of red as she looked down "Y-yes i am, i have a gem, but i dont do good in battle, so i am the nurse for everyone here.." I couldn't stand yet but I smiled towards her, "Well thank you, i appriciate it" She seemed to try to hide more but stayed frozen, blushing then walked out fastly, "It was the least i could do Shiro.." 'w-why am i blushing?, come on Kiumi, get a hold of yourself!' Kiumi slid down a wall sighing, and just sat there.

A couple days past and i couldn't take being bed ridden, i tried to hide my grunts of pain as i slowly stood up, stumbling a little, but making my way out of the room, and i started down the hallway i was in. I stumbled slightly as i walked until i saw a fork in the road. To my left the sign read 'training area' and the right 'cafeteria'. I was ready to find out more about these so called 'gems' but i could barley think through the hunger that my stomach roared out towards the soundless hallway, it was obvious i needed to silence the beast by eating. I stumbled slightly down the right hallway until i reached a door and i sighed taking a deep breath before opening the door not thinking about how i might be dressed. As the door slid to the side the cafeteria was filled with men and women dressed in different uniforms, one guy had a combat helmet on, with an aviator jacket and black pants, a girl had a slim black dress on with black leggings on underneath and her silky white hair resting on her shoulders. The whole crowd stared me down for a couple seconds before someone's crystal started to shine on his arm as he yelled. "And just who are you?!? An intruder!?!?" The group got up and i started to back up, i looked down and saw myself i was wearing my blue jeans, cowboy boots, a white shirt, and a black leather jacket i didn't have any crystal that was visible and no symbol on me. I looked up and the crowd of people started to walk towards me with angry looks on their faces. "N-no..I..I'm new around here"