Chapter Six

“Riley! Quick, jump strike!” Samuel shouted and I shrieked.

                “How? How? Samuel!” My thumbs raced over the control randomly hitting buttons.

                “Here, here give it me.” Samuel reached over snatched it skillfully moving Yoshi around the screen. This was usually how my playing video games went, me and William starting then Samuel taking my control but since neither of them cared enough to tell me how to play, Samuel ended up saving my game most of the time. I threw my hands up in the air huffing, and they laughed.

                “Hey, Sam!” I instantly scrambled behind Samuel and William as I’d been taught to.

                William rolled his eyes, “Riley, you don’t have to be scared of Haven,” I peeked out from behind them to see a smiling bouncing girl that looked about my age that reminded me a lot of  Marni.

                “Hey, Riley,” she said and was by my side before I could blink.

                I jumped a bit before mumbling a reply, “hi, Haven.” I cast my eyes down like Sebastian told me to if I met another vampire.

                Haven laughed tossing her mane of black hair, her startling green eyes danced. “You’re really jumpy Riley,” her voice soft but loud. 

                “It’s not my fault I’m surrounded by vampires!” I almost snapped blushing.

                “Maybe not but something tells me your blood would taste delicious.” A voice said from behind her, she turned to see black eyes glaring out at her.

                “Jaguar controls you,” Samuel snapped at the hazel eyed vampire.

                “Jaguar pleases,” Haven whined going over to him and pushing him back away from me.

                He moaned, “But she would taste so good.” He eyed me hungrily again and even though Sebastian and strictly told me not to I began to shift. My skin paled and my teeth lengthened considerably, I felt iron strength gathering in my limbs.

                “Haven, Samuel it’s alright, I’m fine if he wants to bite me then let him.” I said casually moving toward Jaguar and titling my neck. “He can have a little taste if he wants.” Jaguar’s eyes lit up and he eagerly shoved through Haven and Samuel to reach me, he fastened his mouth on my neck and I felt the faintest scraping on my new rock hard skin.

                Jaguar reeled back howling, “my fang, my fang, she broke it!” His pitiful wail went on and on until Haven slapped a hand over his mouth. A second after Hayden left the room still moaning about his fang, Samuel, Haven William, and I burst out laughing.

                “My fang, oh my poor fang!” Haven shrieked falling over with giggles.

                “My fang!” Samuel screeched falling back onto the couch.

                “Poor guy, how’s he gonna eat now, Riley?” William said gravely before bursting into chuckles again at Haven’s silent cries.

                “I don’t know and truthfully I don’t care.” I said giggling when Samuel yowled like a cat when Haven accidentally stumbled back and threw her elbow into his chin.

                “What’s so funny?” We miserably attempted to stop laughing and bow to Andrew, but Haven couldn’t do it. She gave a shriek of laughter trying to bow and falling over while trying; Samuel managed a bow then broke into howls of laughter again. William managed to hold himself together before breaking apart falling on the couch.