Chapter Seven

Sean’s P.O.V

My eyes opened slowly, I groaned feeling sore all over. My first though came lightning fast it was just one word but caused me to wince in pain. Riley. I let my mind show me her picture, gleaming blue eyes, blonde hair in waves to her shoulders, her smiling. I pushed myself up and my second though was where the hell I am? The last thing I remembered was sitting in my car, and then there was the sound of tires screeching then the sound of the metal around me twisting. I knocked my head on something then after that nothing, everything was blank. I jumped as a hand landed on my shoulder.

“We’ve been waiting for you to wake up; you gave us quite a scare there.” I looked over my shoulder to see a tall willowy girl standing there, with a smile on her face. She was the spitting image of my dead sister, Blake.

“Blake?” I asked shrugging the hand off, she nodded her blue-green eyes somber, “but you’re dead.” I shook my head, and pinched my arm to make sure I was awake.

“I didn’t expect to see you again so soon,” she smiled and her eyes were tearing up. “I thought for sure, you had at least fifty more years but.” She tossed her head back wiping tears away, “life has a way of screwing up you’re plans doesn’t it.” She rested her hands on her hips, “do you remember anything else yet?” I shook my head, thinking I must be hallucinating. “You’re not crazy, even though it seems like it.” She added flipping her dark hair.

“How else is this possible?” I asked looking down at my hands to see blood coating them. “What the hell happened to me?”

“Don’t worry, Sean.” She said her voice thick with tears. “You’re not crazy, just dead.”

Riley’s P.O.V

I ended up back in my room. Sitting on my bed, quivering with fear, anger, sadness, and an elated feeling I hadn’t felt since my first kiss. Sean’s brother, I just kissed Sean’s friggin brother!  I remember when his brother had run away, Sean and his parents looked everywhere for him. I got off my bed and started pacing, and trying with all my strength to shift but it just wouldn’t come. I nearly screamed in anger when I finally realized that my magic was locked away, and it wasn’t coming back any time soon.

My door cracked open and I glared at Aubrey who walked in her hazel eyes calmly assessing the situation. “Hello, Riley.”

“Whatever,” I snapped at her, blandly ignoring the fact she seemed to be in a bed mood. In less than a second she was standing in front of me, her hazel eyes were bright with strict control.

“You will be respectful,” her voice was tight.

“You said before you are not my Queen, I do not have to follow you’re rules.” She growled and I flipped her the finger.

“You think what happened to you is so bad?” Her voice was scornful and I glared up at her.

“I lost my magic, I lost Sean, I’ve been abducted by the creatures I hate, and you’re all psychotic. But no it isn’t bad.” I snarled sarcasm dripping off my words.

“It’s not that bad, Riley, I wish you’d understand that.” Aubrey’s voice softened but I just became angrier.

I stood up and stalked over to her pointing my finger in her face, “this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me, I can’t shift anymore!”

Aubrey’s hazel eyes burned in anger and she stood up stalking up to me her face furious. “You dare yell about not being about shift for the moment, when I’m doomed to be a vampire for the rest of eternity. Do you think I wanted to become a monster?” She shouted, her eyes flashing.