Chapter 4: Mom, it'll never be the same.

School the next day was boring. Dance was worse. Abby barked and screamed. But luckily she had 'some matters to attend to' and we got released early. Melissa took me home because mom had taken Clara home early. My poor sister had a stomach bug or something. In the car Mackenzie and her mom chatted while me and Maddie took selfies in the back seat. We were being absolutely ridiculous but it felt nice to laugh and muck around. Once we got to my place I jumped out, thanking Melissa. "Hey Chlo." mom called. I walked towards the family room to find my parents on the couch. I planted a kiss on both their heads. "Chloe we need to have a talk. Go have a shower and come down when your ready." I nodded, confused about what she was talking about. This wouldn't be 'the talk', dad wouldn't be involved in that. I don't think she would be pregnant- she always said she didn't want anymore kids. Could have some relative died? No, they would be crying. Oh well I thought. I'll find out shortly. I dumped my dance stuff on my bedroom floor. I grabbed some yoga pants and a black crop top with a yellow knitted sweater to go over the top. I had a quick shower then pulled on my clothes. I brushed out my hair and swept it up into a messy bun. I wiped away the last of my makeup and walked back downstairs. "Ok, I'm ready for this talk." Dad patted the space on the couch next to him. I sat down gingerly, mind racing about their mysterious behavior. Mom took my hands in hers and squeezed them gently. "Ok sweetie, this might be a bit hard to take but I'm just gonna come right out and say it.." Mom's voice shook and broke off. After she regained herself, she continued, "... I have breast cancer." It was then and there that I could swear my world stopped. Mom was talking but I wasn't processing. I was honestly blank. How could this happen? Why this family? I noticed dad get up but it didn't really register with me. I could see tears falling out of mom's eyes. I'm sure I was crying but it didn't matter. All that mattered was that my seemly perfect life was crashing down. First Paige now this? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?! I don't deserve this! Neither does mom. Finally my brain started to work. I collapsed into Mom's arms, sobbing for my life. She kissed my head and rubbed my arm. Clara walked down, "Birdy, what's wrong?" I sat up and wiped my cheeks. " Nothing Clara, mom's just a bit sick." She ran up to us and kissed us both. ''Get well soon mommy!'' Mom smiled weakly and stood up, mumbling something about dinner. I walked upstairs, tears still slowly rolling down my cheeks. I just don't get it. It's not fair! I fell onto my bed and sobbed into my pillow. I heard my phone go off but I ignored it. I laid there for ages before drifting off to sleep...

**** Authors Note! ******

Sorry for the short chapter but I'm not in the mood for writing. I hope you like this chapter and I'll probably update tomorrow. Anyways xoxoxo. Thanks for reading! Also could some people please comment or vote cos I really don't wanna continue the story even though I have a great ending. I just need some encouragement. Also thanx to everyone who has read this!