Chapter 10: Airports.

It's competition day and I'm going with the Ziegler's because mom is still in the hospital. I'm sad but I need to compete still. I roll off my mattress on Maddie's floor and stand up. I can hear noise in the kitchen so I might go see who's up. As I skip down the stairs Melissa's familiar voice becomes clearer and clearer. I enter the kitchen to see a half asleep Mackenzie sitting at the island as Melissa runs around, shoving sequins into cases and trying to watch the pancakes bubbling in the pan. "Morning guys!" I chirp, trying to sound happy so Melissa doesn't worry. "Morning Chlobird!!" Kenzie squeals as she runs into my arms. "Is Maddie awake yet Chloe?" I shake my head at Melissa and she rolls her eyes. "I'll wake her!" Mackenzie screams as she sprints up the stairs. I giggle and take her seat.

"Chloe how are you doing? I know the thing with your mom must be horrible. I went through the same thing. Just know that if you need any comfort or anything me and the other moms will be more than happy to listen." I smile. "Thanks Melissa, it means a lot to have so many supportive people around me." She opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by a yelling Maddie trudging down the stairs. ."Mackenzie a simple shake should wake me up, I don't need a freaking trumpet in my ear!!!!" Kenzie was walking sheepishly behind her, "It was a French horn!!!" Maddie went to say something but instead she kept her mouth shut. "Come get breakfast, then we need to get going!" The still fuming sisters say down at the island with me and we munched on our fluffy pancakes in silence. Once I was finished I rinsed my plate and went to get ready.

I had a quick shower in Maddie's bathroom, just to freshen up for the day. I put some light denim shorts and a turquoise tank top with a black lace heart on it. I pulled my ALDC lounge wear shirt over the top. I curled my hair and tied it up in a ponytail, securing a blue flower at the base. After applying some makeup I walked out to get my things.

After Maddie had showered we went downstairs to pack the car. I shoved my big makeup up case in the back, along with my light up mirror, suitcase and dance bag. This week Gianna was bringing all our costumes so I didn't have to worry about that. I took my leopard print duffel bag and put it on my seat. I also put in a panda pillow pet and my water bottle. We all jumped in and drove off to the airport. Most weeks we take the bus to the airport but Miss Abby didn't want us to today. This competition was in New York and it was one of the biggest competitions in the country. It was hard to place, let alone win! They compete the trios and duets at night and some groups. The next day they do most the groups and solos. I'm pretty sure my solo wasn't until 9:00 tomorrow night. We won't fly out until Monday so I have to miss school. That really wasn't a problem for me though.

The whole way Mackenzie sang loudly to Justin Bieber songs while Maddie and I watched. I also made a video of her and posted it on Instagram. Once we got to the airport we jumped out and got our things. We found the team and went through the bag search and all that airport stuff. We all sat down on some benches and just talked randomly. The Hyland's weren't here yet but no one was worried since they're always late. I was bored so I pulled out my phone and clicked Instagram. I scrolled through my feed, only half paying attention. I decided to just look at people's profiles and see what's happening with my friends. I clicked on Sophia Lucia's profile and something caught my eye. It was a picture of the front of the hotel we are meant to stay in once we reach New York. I clicked the picture and read the caption. It said:

At this lovely hotel in New York!! Can't wait to compete at the competition this weekend! #wishmeluck.

I gasped. I was going to be competing against Sophia! She would definitely have a solo! And she's amazing. But she doesn't have facials and emotion. So I'm going to focus on that. Maybe the judges will see my ability to tell a story as a good reason to award me first. Oh well we'll just have to wait and see...

I jumped up, startled. I must have dozed off. I looked over to see Kendall and Mackenzie standing near a pile of suitcases scattered all over the floor, guilt painted on their faces. I giggled and looked at the time. 7:56am. Our flight was at 8:00 so the Hyland's better hurry up. The moment that thought passed through my head a babbling Kelly came into view. She was half running, half skipping across the airport. She was dragging 2 suitcases and she had a mirror under her arm. I could see her kids scurrying feet behind her but the suitcases blocked them from view. She reached the moms and sat down, revealing the kids behind her. Paige was coming first, makeup cases in her arms. Next came Brooke who still looked half asleep. There was one more person behind them. Who was it? Paige and Brooke sat down and I saw who it was. The person was.. JOSH!?!?! What was he doing here? He never comes to the competitions. I pulled out my phone and texted Brooke.

Chloe: Why's Josh here!

Brooke: Dad's away on a business trip and he was grounded so mom wasn't going to let him go stay with a friend. This was his only option. But I'm sure he's happy, I mean he gets to spend the weekend with you!!

I looked across to Brooke who was wiggling her eyebrows in a very perverted matter.

Chloe: Shut up!! Wait does that mean he's going to watch us dance?

Brooke: Yup! ;)

I groaned and turned off my phone. I mean I'm happy to see Josh but when it comes to dancing he'll freak me out. I'm nervous enough! I have 3 dances this week and no mom to help me with my hair and stuff. It's going to be a miracle if I don't run off stage.