Chapter 8

FINALLY! I was out of breath and sweaty. I had to walk up FOUR SETS of STAIRS! The elevator was, of course, broken.

I slid my key into the slot and it clicked. I walked in, to see some chick sleeping on my couch. She looked like...one of THOSE kind of people. Her fake blond hair was put into loose curls. She had a tight black, leather mini skirt and a hot pink WAY too low cut halter top; it cut right above her stomach. It was clinging to her body as though it would fall off other. On her feet were bright red, strappy, 6-inch heels. Her face was covered in thick make up. Lovely.

"Uh...hello?"

She shook and sat up. She did one of those little gasps and put her hand over her mouth. She stood up and faced me.

"Que pensez-vous faites en ici?!"

"Huh?" I knew she was speaking in French just I couldn't understand because it had been so long since I took a class.

"I said, que pensez-vous faites en ici!"

"You," I pointed at her, "just spoke in English!"

"Uh..."

"Oh god. Just cut the crap. Who are you and what are you doing in my room?" I spoke and walked forward getting all up in her face.

"My...my name is..."

"Just tell me!"

"My name is Bree."

"Bree?"

"You have a problem with that?" it was her turn to get in my face.

"Yeah. I think there is!"

I was about to slap her when the door bursts open.

"FREEZE! PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" an officer screamed at us.

"You've got to be kidding me," I muttered to myself.

I went against the wall putting my head against it. I folded my hands up against my neck.

Bree just sat back on the couch and turned to me. I put my arms down and looked over to her.

"What are you doing?!" I whisper-yelled at her.

"They're here for you; they don't want me!" and she burst into a large obnoxious fit of laughter. God that is a HORRIBLY annoying voice and laugh!

"What? What did I do?" I sprung from the wall and faced the officer who was about to put cuffs on me.

"Ma'am please face the wall..."

I cut him off, "Don't call me ma'am!" Only three officers were there in the room. I put my hands on the officer speaking to me's shoulders and kneed him in the stomach. The other two charged in my direction and I jumped out of their reach. My purse was sitting on the ground near the door. I ran over to it grabbed it and sprinted out the open door.

I ran to the stairs; knowing the elevator would take too long. I ran down as fast as I possibly could. I reached the front desk and threw my key card the desk and hopped over it. I ran through the cut out of a door and to the safe where they kept money. I reached in, for some reason it was open, and took my money out that I had paid. Some people shouting at me and I just ignored. I ran back around the desk and out the front door. I ran in my car and sped down the highway, once again.

Sirens of police cars sounded after me. Luckily cars were more spread out and I swerved through them easily. Four police cars were on my tail. I sped up through the cars and pulled my phone out.

"Scarlette! What are you doing?" Adam screamed into his phone, both nervous and angry.

"Adam, I am done trying to stop everything. Cops are after me for some reason. I am trying to get out of the stupid place. I am taking a helicopter to another airport and I am going to an island. I will probably move to another island after that for safety's sake, but I can't tell you. I don't trust you like I did anymore. I'm sorry but this will be the last time I can talk to you." a tear formed and fell down my cheek. I can't worry about this. I'm going to be killed; focus on the road.