Chapter 3

"I don't want to hurt you."

"I know," I told him.

"Please, lets run away together. I have a house down in Australia for when I planned in retiring. How about early retirement? As long as your with me."

"Yes, a million times yes. I will go anywhere with you."

"That's what I hoped."

"When are we going?"

"Now. I want to be with you forever and keep you from the world all to myself. I love you."

"I love you too Adam!"

***Dream Ends***

"Ahh!" I sat straight up in my bed.

Sarah ran in, "Are you okay? What happened? Why did you scream?" she was in panic mode.

"Yeah..sorry...just another dream...I'm okay. Sorry I woke you up again." I told her with an apologetic look.

"I..um..sure OK..its fine..I'm gonna go back to bed. See ya."

"See ya.." she left my room and I fell back on to my bed with a thud.

"Ugh." I let out a quiet groan.

It is almost 2 weeks after my incident. I have been having the same dreams over and over again every night. All with Adam, him telling me he loves me, that he would never hurt me. There haven't even been any signs of him lately. I am just so confused. He is trying to kill me for...for his family? What did I do? Why me?

I grabbed my phone and yanked it out of the charger. This was the first time I looked at it since I came home.

23 Messages.

12-Danny, 6-Aunt Alisha, 3-Lexi (my best friend), 1-Sarah, and 1-Unknown Number

Danny's messages were nervous texts asking if I was okay, same with my aunt's texts. Lexi's were wondering where I was, and Sarah's was a message to the wrong number (typical Sarah).

The unknown message said:

Meet me at The Olive Garden at 12:00 sharp on Saturday.

I replied:

Who is this?

They replied:

Adam. I don't want to hurt you...we gotta talk.

I replied:

About what?

He replied:

Please, Scarlette, promise me you'll come. We REALLY need to talk. ASAP

I replied:

How do I know this is not a trick?

He replied:

Have you been having weird dreams too?

I replied:

How do you know that?!

He replied:

I have been having them. Please we need to talk. meet me there. Got it?

I replied:

Okay. See you there. 12 o'clock.

He replied:

Yupp. see ya Princess

I replied:

Princess? Really?

He replied:

Ha ha...you'll see don't worry. Don't be late. And we will be somewhere public. I don't want to hurt you. We just really need to talk.

I replied:

I know. i'm not stupid and I'm not much younger than you! How old are you?

He replied:

I'm 22

I replied:

See! So stop treating me like I'm 5!

He replied:

My birthday is soon.

I replied:

Well happy early birthday! Listen I'm still really tired I'm gonna sleep for awhile longer.

He replied:

okk night Princess.

I threw my phone on the end of my bed.

Ugh! Why me? Why did he have to kill ME? I would be such great friends with the guy. Or even more than friends...he is beautiful, and of what I remember he's really sweet too.

Those piercing green eyes. I drifted back to sleep thinking about him.