Ch. Seven

Mitch's P.O.V
Day 171
Players Left: 285 out of 500

I can hear beeping. I can't open my eyes or move my body. But I feel someone holding my hand and I hear soft crying. Who is that? That sounds like Jess but it couldn't be. I'm in the game, I can't come back to the real world till I beat the game which will never happen.

"We gotta get home now Jess. Start unpacking." Someone said. That is Jess. She's crying over me. No. This isn't fair. I want to see her, hug her and tell it's alright. But I'm stuck in a stupid game and no one knows that I am.

"O-Okay." She said.

I open my eyes seeing a cave ceiling. I'm in the game. I was in the real world for a second but why? Unpacking..I was suppose to pick up Jess at the airport in a week before I passed out. Is that really how much time has passed in the real world? A week?

I'm such an idiot. I totally forgot all about Jess. She's upset over me. I can't imagine what I look like hooked up to machines in a hospital bed probably in a coma, but I would think it's heartbreaking for her. Reminds me of when I had that car accident, even though I was okay and only got a few cuts and bruises. She was upset about it.

I sit up slowly. Wait a second, what happened? My HP is full, but it was in the red. I see CJ with my bow and quiver next to her at the cave entrance. She meets my eyes.

"What did you do?" I ask. CJ smiles.

"I saved your ass Mitch. You were about to get a game over. Your lucky I had a healing potion and used it on you. It didn't fill up your HP bar but you got your HP back over time." She said. I stare at her for a few seconds. Her guild crest is gone.

"Why do you have my bow CJ? Where's your guild crest?" I ask.

"Look Mitch, I know your a solo player. But your not gonna survive much longer on your own." CJ said. I shrug.

"I would have been fine if it wasn't for whoever made me fall out of that tree." I said. CJ looks away from me. I roll my eyes. "O my god it was you, wasn't it?"

"On my offense, I didn't know you would fall off." CJ said.

"I was focused on those clowns. Not whatever was behind me." I said. CJ comes over to me.

"Sorry. How are you feeling?" She asks handing me my bow.

"Fine." I said.

"You were about to die." She said quietly. I stare at her for a second.

"CJ where's your guild crest? Where did it go?" I ask. She sits down in front of me, kinda of too close for me.

"It turned into pixels." She said.

"By choice?" I ask.

"Yes by choice. Not very many players are left Mitch." She said looking at me.

"Really?" I ask.

"You were out for a while." She said. I put my stuff down on the cave floor. I look at her.

"You didn't have to save me." I said. She looks at me

"But you saved me so many times before." She said quietly looking at the floor. What? "In the real world Mitch. Not here." Oooohhh. That makes more sense.

"Really?" I ask. She nods a little.

"My parents loved me. But I was always bullied for everything back home. I sunk pretty low and..and before I did something that I couldn't take back. I found your channel. You helped me a lot and pushed through. But that was a pretty long time ago." She said. Wait how old is she?

"How old are you irl?" I asks.

"20." She said. I thought she was younger. Apparently not.

"Okay. So what are you gonna do?" I ask.

"I thought that I could be with you." She said. I look at her. I don't know. "Let me rephrase that, I want to play this game with you." I still don't know. I like being on my own. But I guess it couldn't hurt to have someone with me. In case something happens. Cause I want to see Jess again. She's crying and I want to be there for her.

"Sure." I said. CJ smiles.

"Yay. Thank you. I won't try to push you out of a tree again." She said.

"You better not. That was almost the death of me." I said.