Ch. Six

Hey guys and before this chapter starts I want to say something.

Even though this story is only six chapters in, you guys are saying how much you already love it. Thanks so much for that! I tried writing about three Bajancanadian fan fics before and each of them utterly failed. But don't worry, I will not let this one die out. Enjoy the chapter! :)
Jerome's P.O.V
"Are you...are you serious Jerome?" Jess asks over the phone. I tap my hand on my desk.

"I'll come and pick you up Jess. He's stable right now if you want to know." I said. She sounds upset and I knew she would be.

"Okay. I'm about to get on my plane right now. I'll be at the bag claim thing. Gate 5A." She said. I write it down. "My plane gets there at 1 am. I'll look for you." And I write that down as well.

"Yeah okay. I'll see you in a couple of hours Jess." I said. We both say bye and I hang up. I put my phone in my pocket and go with the others. "Who wants to come with me to pick up Mitch's girlfriend from the airport in Alabama?" They all look at me.

"What time?" Vikk asks.

"1 am is when her plane lands." I said. They stare at me for a few seconds.

"I'll come with you." Lachlan said.

"Great." I said. I look at the clock seeing it is 11 at night. We have a few hours. "Lachlan want to go visit Mitch with me then. Kill a few hours?" Lachlan nods. "Anyone else?"

*Few minutes later*

I sit there looking at Mitch. He didn't have one of those things that go over your mouth and nose last time, now he has. Not to mention the part where he is hooked up to machines. Lachlan comes in and gives me a soda. I take it and open it.

"How did Mitch's subscribers take this?" Lachlan asks.

"I didn't look at the comments yet cause I don't want to look." I said. Lachlan pulls out his phone.

"I'll look then." Lachlan said. I take a few drinks of my soda and look over at Lachlan. He is smiling.

"What are they saying?" I ask.

"They are saying they hope Mitch recovers okay. Also started a hashtag trending thing." Lachlan said. I smile a little. Of course they would.

"What is it?" I ask.

"#HanginthereBenja and #StayStrongMitch." Lachlan said. I smile. I see him typing and get suddenly interested.

"What are you typing?" I ask.

"Just giving them a update so far." Lachlan said. I look over at Mitch. I would do anything for him to be okay again. I can't imagine how upset Jess is. I look at the clock.

"We better start heading to the airport. It's a long drive there." I said. Lachlan nods.

Jess's P.O.V
I stare out the window on the plane. I'm listening to some music as we pass clouds. My mind keeps going to Mitch. Mitch is in the hospital, and I just now know? My friends at my college seem to be acting weird towards me, saying how sorry they are to me. Now I know what they were saying. Mitch was in the hospital since last week. I grip my phone a little tight. Jerome just told me he's in a coma and stable. That's all I got. But my mind keeps wonder to the most worst situation. He could be hurt. He could be in bandages. I want to know how Mitch is.

No wonder he never picked up my calls or answered my texts, he was in the hospital. I got so mad at him for ignoring me for so long. But now I'm just mad at myself for not looking into this. It's a few minutes till we land. A few minutes too long. Mitch and I planned to spend time together almost always before this happened. Now I plan to always be by his side in a hospital room. I'm not gonna leave him, I want to be there when he wakes up. I look down and feel tears form in the back of my eyes. I mean...he has to wake up right? He can't die. Mitch means so much to me. Once Jerome picks me up, I want to go to the hospital. I don't care that it is one in the morning. I want to see him. I want to.