Chapter 15: Did you just quote AWOLNATION

(Trenton’s Point of View)

“Are you sure?” Cassie asks me.

“I am super sure.” I smile at her.

“Well, I really don’t want to go but if you want me to go then I guess I could go.”

“Cassie, you need to get your drivers license.”

“Driving is freaky!”

“Cassie. You do not need to stay with me. I have Xavier here. Go get your drivers licence.” Cassie’s head fell with defeat when she realized that I couldn’t be her excuse to not get a drivers licence. She was hoping I would let her stay and comfort me from what happened today but I wouldn’t have it. I want to just forget about school and act like nothing happened. Cassie sighed and left so that she could go and get her licence which she has been prolonged for as long as possible.

“Well now that she is gone,” Xavier start while plopping himself down beside me on my bed, “We can have some alone time.” Xavier wiggles his eyebrows.

“Are you trying to sleep with me?” I ask.

“Of course I’m not. I don’t roll that way.”

“Oh you don’t?”

“Not anymore.” Right after those words left Xavier’s mouth it looked like he regretted saying them.

“That’s good.” I grab Xavier’s hand not even questioning him on it. I already knew Xavier had a past but don’t we all? Xavier laid down on my bed then pulled me down beside him.

“It is good. If I was still like that then we could never have moments like this.”

“Oh really? Why is that?”

“Because your clothes would be on the floor by now.” I feel my face heat up and I grabbed a pillow to cover my face with it. “Are you trying to suffocate yourself because you're blushing?” Xavier asks the smirk clear in his tone. “I would rather you not.”

“Maybe I am suffocating myself so I don’t have to see your face.”

“Who wouldn’t want to see my face?” Xavier asks. He reaches down and pulls the pillow of my face. His figure was towering over me as he quickly hits me with the pillow. “Suicide is not the answer.”

“I wasn’t trying to.”

“How was I supposed to know that?”

“You knew.” Xavier laughs his high laugh and looks over at me with a warm smile.

“Yeah, yeah I did.” Xavier leans down and plants a kiss on my forehead slowly moving down the outside of my face until he comes to my lips. “I would have freaked out a lot more if I didn’t.” I smile and push myself up into a sitting position.

“Good.” Xavier chuckles and runs a hand through his hair.

“Trent, are you going to go to school tomorrow?”  

“No.”

“I can understand that.”

“Why would I?” I ask him.

“To learn. To show your friends your not dead.”

“You mean Shaggy.” Xavier rolls his eyes at me.

“What are you scared or something?” he asks me. My eyes fall to my lap where my hands were resting. Xavier places one of his hands on mine making me look up at him. He gives me a sad smile. “You are scared aren’t you?”

“Well John, he was a great friend and just like that he threw me away like yesterdays trash and I don’t know who else will.” My eyes fall back onto the hands in my lap. “But I don’t want to take back everything that has happened. I don’t want to claim that it was just a phase I went through. I don’t want to stop being with you. All I want is for people to stop being so damn close minded.”