Chapter 21: Rainbows and Unicorns

(Trenton's Point of View)

"Kenny!" I laugh as Kendon tickles my sides. Right now I was in Kendon's room with him straddling me on his bed while he tickles me. Since Xavier and I broke up a little over a month ago me and Kendon got together. I was a little worried at first that secretly my intentions were not totally innocent but I've given up on that a while ago.

"Say it!" Kendon yells while his fingers dance across my sides.

"Never!"

"Say it!"

"Fine!" Kendon stops tickling me when I say this. I take a few heavy breaths trying to recover from what had just happened. People think tickling is fun but it's only fun for the person not being tickled because they get to watch the other rith around in laughter filled pain. "You are more attractive then I am." I look away while Kendon pats my head.

"Good boy."

"I hope you're happy that I just lied to you. I mean anyone with eyes can see I'm better looking than you. I have dimples and an accent!"   

"Your accent is slipping away Trenton."

"Don't you dare say that! If you say that it will become true!" I cover my mouth with my hands. "You monster."

"Facing facts does not make me a monster." Kendon rolls his eyes. "It makes me practical."

"Well I don't like practical. I like fun and imaginative." I throw my hands in the air. "Rainbows and unicorns!"

"I didn't think you were the super gay kind of guy but Trenton you just had to say that and prove me wrong. You've been spending too much time with Cassie. Her craziness is rubbing off on you."

"I've been spending too much time with Cassie since I was like three and she is just starting to rub off on me now? When there is no way in hell that I am going to date her?"

"Yep. That makes sense right?" Kendon tips his head to the side. "I'm not nuts right?"    

"Well I hope you are some what nuts. I mean you got a pair of them don't you?" My eyes grow wide. "Unless you don't!" I jump up off of Kendon's bed. "You're nutless!"

"What the heck is going on in there?" I voice says from the hall. Kendon's dad poked his head into the room.

"Oh nothing Colin. Did you know that your son has no nuts?"

"What?" His eyebrows knit together. "Is there something you need to tell me Kendon?"

"No!" Kendon's face goes cherry red. "I don't need to tell you anything! I have nuts I swear! I'm a man!"

"A real man isn't doubted on his nuts." I bust out at Colin's comment.

"I love your father!" I glance at Colin. "In the most straight I'm-Dating-Your-Son kind of way."

"I get it." Colin rolls his eyes. "Anyway, dinner is ready."

"Fantastic, man!" I glance at Kendon. "I'm hungry!"  

"Of course you are."

"I'm not as bad as Cassie is though,"  I point out while getting off of Kendon's bed. "She could eat all the food in the world and still be hungry."

"I don't get how on earth she can eat so much."

"The only person who gets it is Cassie and, dude, I'm not even sure she gets it herself." I grab Kendon's hand as we walk to his dinner table and take seats by each other.

"You're probably right."

"Well duh, I'm always right." I roll my eyes.

"You are not."