Chapter 13: Doctor Pepper Tastes like Carbonated Prune Juice

(Trenton’s Point of View)

“Welcome!” I yell at Kendon who walks into my house slowly.

“Why are you being so loud?” He asks rubbing his temples.

“I’m always loud.” I give him a ‘duh’ look and turn and walk away to my couch.

“So why am I here?” Kendon asks.

“Don’t you want to be?” I ask.

“Well yeah...”  Kendon starts but I cut him off.

“Than thats why you’re here. Oh and Cassie wanted to ‘party it up’ as she puts it.” I make air quotes around party it up. Just then Cassie flings open running in and tackling me in a hug. She pulls away and flings her arms in the air.

“The party has just arrived.” She smiles at me while running for the fridge.

“We're out!” I yelled at her. “You cleaned me out of ice cream yesterday!”

“Damn! Well that’s okay because I invited Xavier and he bought ice cream! He also got drinks. He should be here soon.” Kendon’s eyes get wide and a smile grows on my face. I haven't seen Xavier sense I came over and Rupert was there. Thinking about it that was only on Thursday and it being Saturday doesn’t seem that long but oh lordie I miss him.

“Can I walk in? The door is open.” Xavier’s head pops in and looks around.

“Cassie you didn’t close the door!”

“You coulda done it.” She looks at Xavier and smiles.

“Ice cream is in the car,” He says stepping to the side as Cassie runs past him to his car. “Bring in the soda!” He yells loudly after her. When he turns around I walk right up to him and plant a kiss on his lips.

“Missed you,” I say.

“Who wouldn’t.” Xavier flashes me a smile and walks inside the house. “I bet even Kendon misses me.”

“Do you miss Xavier Mr. Ken the Barbie?” I ask him.

“I’m not a barbie,” he mumbles.  

“He didn’t say no. He misses me,” Xavier says pointing at Kendon. “It’s okay I missed you too.” Kendon shakes his head and rolls his eyes.

“Come on Kendon, Xavier is not that bad. Don’t be so quiet around him.” I walk over and throw my arm over his shoulder. “Xavier doesn’t bite.”

“Much,” Xavier quickly adds.

“Help!” I hear someone yell and I look over to see Cassie carrying two tubs of ice cream and a bunch of different sodas.   

“Cassie!” I ran over and helped her by grabbing the sodas from her.

“I didn’t want to make two trips,” she says while setting the tubs on the table.

“You’re gonna kill yourself by doing that,” Xavier says.

“No. I might break my toe but not die. Oh and I dropped the doctor pepper a few times so don’t open it,” she says flinging open my fridge fishing out everything she needs for a good ice cream sunday. She sets whipped cream, caramel syrup, chocolate syrup on the table then went to the shelves for sprinkles

“Well that sucks I love Doctor Pepper,” Kendon says. Cassie and I give Kendon a weird look.

“Why? It’s gross,” I say.

“No it’s not,” Kendon defends.

“Yeah it is. Doctor Pepper tastes like carbonated prune juice!” Cassie throws her hands in the air to prove a point.