Chapter 6: The Things that Happen Behind Closed Doors

(Trenton’s Point Of View)

I stare at the little slip of paper in my hand the next morning. In my other hand was my phone. I just kept staring at the paper for what seemed to be forever debating on whether or not I should text him. I set the paper down on my nightstand and set my phone next to it deciding that I would not call him. Why should I call him? I. Am. Not. Gay. Yet no matter how hard I tried not to my eyes kept going back to that little slip of paper.

It won't be the end of the world if you just send him a good morning text! My mind shouts at me.

“No!” I yell out loud slamming my fist down on the midnight blue comforter.

“Trent?” I hear a quiet voice as soon after as the door pushed open to show a half asleep Cassie.  

“Shit.” Just like I thought when Cassie noticed I was awake all signs of sleep was wiped right off her face as she ran and jumped on the bed. I was still under the blanket so Cassie sat on my legs grabbing my shoulders and started to shake me back and forth.

“Trent! What happened, what happened?! I have to know! I am just about to explode! Ahhh. Trent!”

“Chill.”

“ICan’tJustChillTrent!” Cassie screamed so fast it came out as one giant word.

“Cassie!” I grab her shoulders. “Shut up. You are so lucky my dad sleeps like a brick.”

“Oh, well tell me please?” Cassie gives me her puppy dog look,  when I nod she squeals and sits in front of me with her hands in her lap. I run over the basics of last night leaving out Rupert and other insignificant things like us holding hands. Cassie didn't need to know that.  

“Then he gave me his phone number. Thats all. The end.” I sigh and look at her as a smile spreads over her face.

“Number? Have you texted him yet?” Cassie looks over at my phone and the little slip of paper by it.

“No.” Cassie quickly grabs my phone and the paper and types the number quickly. “What are you doing?” I ask.

“Texting. How does this sound, Hey Xavier I just wanted to say good morning!” She smiles brightly while typing the message.

“No.”

“To bad already sent it.” Cassie throws me the phone and smiles and jumps up. “I have to go. I told Kendon I would see him this morning. I will be back.” She smirks at me evilly then winks. “See ya lover boy!” Cassie skips out of the room as I felt my phone buzz. I read the text quickly.

Good morning to you too but I have to say, its noon not really morning.

received 12:04pm

I sigh and type my reply.

My bad. Sorry. I got to go, just wanted to say morning.

sent 12:06pm

I stood up and walked into my kitchen looking for a bowl of cereal. I grab a bowl and sit down when the door flings open.

“I told you I would return! I brought someone too!” Cassie walks in and shoves Kendon towards me. “I brought him because my mom wants me to clean. Ew much. I will be gone for what? Ten minutes? Maybe less, I don’t know. Don’t kill each other.” Cassie walked right out of my house after that. I smile at Kendon.

“She ruined my plans of killing you. You better feel lucky.”  Kendon’s eyes went wide then he smirked.

“I don’t know about that. You like me too much.”