Eleven: The secret was out

With Jared and Tomo

Jared hurried over to Tomo's table in the bar. " Tomo, what the hell is going on?"

" I eavesdropped once I was outside the diner on Shannon's conversation with Sarah, you know...Anna's blonde friend?"

"Wait wait, how did you guys end up at Rover's?"

"Apparently Shannon had been there before." Tomo shrugged. " Look, I don't think he knows about her blood thing you know? I just heard him ask about her...which is weird, I just thought you would want to you know about this."

Jared looked a little calmer to Tomo's surprise, but he knew Jared worried about her. Tomo noticed that Jared wasn't wearing his jacket, which was unusual, and Tomo could've sworn he saw him walk out of the house wearing one. But he didn't want to bring that up now, it's unimportant. "So what now?"

" I have to tell Anna about him." Jared intertwined his fingers together in his lap and kept his gaze at it. " As much as I want Shannon to stay and figure him out... I was hoping that he would leave town before I needed to tell her about him, but it's too late now."

Tomo ran both of his hands through his hair and sighed for what felt like the millionth time. " If Shannon knows Anna, then Anna must know him too!" Tomo saw that Jared's body got a little tense as he slowly came to the realization of what Tomo was saying. " So it's better you tell her about him as soon as you can."

"Fuck, I gotta tell her!" Jared said realizing how hurt Anna could be if she knew how Jared did not mention Shannon to her or even warned her once about his brother knowing how dangerous that would be if Shannon knew about her blood.

Jared and Tomo walked in the house an hour later and found Shannon leaning againt the kitchen counter, drinking from a glass that didn't seem to hold any type of blood.

"Hey," Shannon grinned at Jared when he spotted him by the door and waved two fingers to welcome him in. Jared just stood in his place and stared at his Shannon's lazy, unmoving form.

Jared kept his gaze at Shannon for quite a bit, studying him with the new information he has on him and all the risks it could hold against Anna. Jared reminded himself to look as normal and assertive to his brother as he could, knowing how skeptical Shannon could get. "Hey." Jared finally said in all calm and walked to his brother very slowly as Tomo followed him in and closed the door behind him.

"You seem a little tipsy." Jared observed his brother.

" Just a little?" Tomo scuffed. " I'm going to head down before the sun rises. Don't want to burn my skin anymore than it had the last time I passed out upstairs..."

Jared nodded to Tomo and waited until he was finally down in the basement before turning back again to his brother. "Shannon I uhm...need to talk you about something." Jared braced himself, "Listen-"

"Well shit, then." Shannon tried to open his lazy eyes a little wider to look at his brother, pulling thoughts together. "can't it wait? You can see I'm not in the best state to-" Shannon moved his arm from the counter a little too fast dropping the glass with whatever left of it's content on the hardwood floor, shattering the glass everywhere.

Jared took a quick step back and cursed under his breath, he looked up at Shannon in frustration.

"You see what I mean?" Shannon sighed deeply, covering half of his face with his hand.

" And what kind consequences have put you in this situation?" Jared asked after eyeing Shannon very carefully.

Shannon looked up at his brother then; his eyes went sober all of a sudden. In fact, his whole body seemed to go steady at once as he stood face to face with his brother.