Mr Law

"Please don't remember, please don't remember," I whispered like a prayer.
The bell rang and Marci and I stood up and headed for the door.

"Ahem, You two need to stay or have you forgotten?" Mr Law's voice cut across the classroom, freezing us in our tracks.
We turned toward him grinning sheepishly.

"Haha right, it slipped my mind."

"Yeah mine too." Mr Law looked at us with an unconvinced, almost bored expression. 

"I'm sure it did." He said, his voice laced with sarcasm.

Once all the other students had cleared out to go to lunch, Mr Law turned to us.

"Okay, so you do two know why your here?"

"Umm, is it because your Trafalgar law, also known as Surgeon of Death?" I asked, letting my mouth get the better of my common sense.I saw Mr Law stiffen when I said that and he fixed me with his ice cold glare which I returned.

"What she means to say is that you remind her of a friend of hers!" Marci quickly intervened, probably saving my hide.

"That's right, sorry for getting carried away." I muttered, breaking his gaze and staring down at my feet.
Mr Law looked at us suspiciously but waved his hand as if dismissing the thought.

"As long as you don't do it again."

"Right we're leaving now!" Marci called over her shoulder as she dragged me toward the door.

"Oh and by the way, you should probably watch your backs," Law called after us.

After Marci had dragged me a safe distance away from the classroom we collapsed on the floor.
"I thought he was going to kill us." Marci whispered, sweat beading on her forehead.

"No kidding, he's scary." I gasped, trying not to think about it to much.
The bell rang and we helped each other up, calming down a bit.

"What do we have next?" I asked Marci.

"Gym, we better hurry up." Marci replied, sprinting for the locker room.

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath, bolting after her.

"Hey Marci, wait for me!"

We got changed in record time and ran to the gym. We were just in time to beat the teacher, Mr Dove, whom we had nicknamed Mr Iva.

"Alright candies, time to get those muscles pumping, one lap around the gym!" He shouted across the room.
Marci and I giggled as we thought of Ivankov from One Piece before joining the others in running around the track.
When we were about halfway, Marci nudged my and nodded her head toward the door. I looked to see what she was pointing at when my breath got caught in my chest. Mr Law, or Traffy as I nicknamed him, had just walked in.