Missing Marci

A/N: Hey guys! I Know I haven't updated in forever and I'm really sorry. But I have returned and here is another chapter for all of my awesome readers!!

I slowly gathered up the courage to knock on the staff room, which was opened by Mr. Dove.

"Oh umm, hello Mr. Dove I was wondering if I could have a quick chat with Mr. Law?" I asked, sweating nervously.

"Sure thing candy, just wait here for a moment." He said as he turned and walked into the staff kitchen.

I heard him quickly call Mr. Law before coming back with him in tow. He was sipping a cup of coffee and looked rather unwilling to go anywhere. He slouched lazily against the door frame yawning.

"Umm, Mr. Law can I please talk to you about the science homework?" I asked, trying to act casual until Mr. Dove lost interest. Law took another sip before answering.

"Yes, sure thing Alex," he said casually, walking outside and closing the door. He turned to me his eyes narrowing. "I didn't set homework."

"Where is my friend?" I demanded, fingering the knife in my pocket.

"Firstly, no knives at school young lady. Secondly, what about your friend?" Law asked and I froze at the mention of knife. How did he.....? Never mind, I have more important matters.

"You know, Marci, my friend? What did you do to her?" I asked, slowly releasing the knife.

"What are you talking about? I didn't do anything to Marci." Law frowned, taking a long swig.

"Well then where is she?"

"How should I know?"

I felt my phone vibrate and I pulled it out of my pocket. I had a message from an unknown number. I read it slowly.

I have your friend. Come to the alley way on Walker Street tomorrow 2:00 pm sharp and bring the stupid doctor with you. - Kidd

I froze as sudden realisation came over me. "Law, did any more of you people come here?"

Law frowned at the sudden question before he realised what I was implying. I quickly showed him the message.

"That red haired bastard!" He muttered, clenching the mug and almost shattering it.

"Marci.... we have to get her back!" I cried, panic welling up in my chest. Kidd was a sicko, I didn't want Marci to get hurt. Before I could stop it I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I'm not normally an emotional person but this was horrible. Suddenly Law hugged me and I froze before burying my face in his shoulder.

"Shhhh, its going to be okay, I'll help you." He whispered comfortingly into my ear, gently stroking my back. I nodded and wiped my eyes. "We can't do anything about it until tomorrow so just wait till then."

A few minutes later we were in his car driving back to my house. He dropped me off and I waved goodbye before heading inside. My mother said her usual greeting before I headed up to my room. Law had told me not to stress but I couldn't help it. I was terrified of what was happening to Marci and what was going to happen tomorrow. What if it went wrong?

I didn't say anything during dinner and I barely ate . I could tell my mum was worrying but I just wasn't hungry. I spent most of the night laying on my bed crying into my pillow. I didn't get to sleep till about 2:00 the next morning and that was purely out of exhaustion.

My mum shook me awake at around 7:00. she gave me the option of staying home but I just shook my head. Law had agreed to wait at the corner of my road to pick me up so mum wouldn't get suspicious. I had to go to save Marci.