CHAPTER FIVE: Mini Mart

Hazel POV

The day went by so quickly I couldn't believe lunch break was already here. It was my favorite time of the day. I walked into the lunchroom with Bennett next to me as I looked around the lunchroom to see a freshmen poking what seemed to look like tater tots but tasted completely different. I call them the 'mysterious taters' which goes perfectly with there description. I instantly felt bad for the kid because being new is hard but being a freshmen is even harder. This kid will never eat free lunch food again after this.

"So, what are we having today?"

"I think we should buy some food instead of getting the free one."

"Why?"

"Well, they're having what I call the 'mysterious taters' and you don't want to have those."

We walked to the buying line and he bought a cheeseburger and a Coke while I bought a cheeseburger with chicken nuggets and a sprite.

"Hazel! over here!"

Zach was calling me to sit at out table. I told Bennett to come with me and we walked over to Zach and Sarah and sat down. He then looked over to Bennett.

"So how has your first day been?"

"Fine."

"We're the classes hard?"

"No."

"Do you like the food?"

"Yes."

I looked at Zach and nodded.

"Anyways, are you going to the game, hazel?"

"I don't know.. it's Friday, right?"

"Yeah. I'm gonna play in it and you have to come!"

"Why would I come for you?"

"Because you love me and you can't live without me?"

" I'm just friends with you because Sarah is your girlfriend and I've been living without you for the past fourteen years of my life. it takes more than four years to finally get along with someone."

"Your right.. it takes four years and five days when the football game is starting.. you can bring Bennett if you want."

"Zach, I don't own Bennett.. he can come if he wants-"

"Ill go if you go, princess."

I was taken aback by the nickname and I blushed a little but I was happy only Sarah saw me and not Zach or Bennett. she smirked but I ignored her.

"Well then I guess we're going to the game."

Sarah high fived Zach and gave him a peck on the lips then the peck became a longer kiss.

"Ok you guys can stop making me jealous."

Sarah then smiled at Zach then looked at me

"You don't have to be jealous. you'll have this type of thing soon."

"I'm not looking anyway."

"Look, I'm actually surprised your still single. your beautiful, talented, outgoing,funny,trustworthy,and my friend. who wouldn't want to be with you?"

"Dave."

"Who's Dave?"

"The quiet kid who sits next to me in English. he says and I quote "your not my friend and I don't like you." and he tells me that everyday because I'm still big giving up on him. I'm gonna be friends with him if its the last thing I do!"