Author's Note

Note: This story will be updated periodically (at least once every week or two), on a Friday or Saturday, until completion. At that point, this part of my Author's Note will be removed. Thank you for your patience and your readership!

***

Red Eagle is a work of fan fiction and is no way produced or endorsed by Disney or LucasFilms Ltd., which produces material for the Star Wars franchise.

The events of this fan-novel take place in the aftermath of Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and prior to Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope. It is part of my own personal fan fiction "canon", which borrows elements from both the Expanded Universe and the new Disney canon—thus giving me more freedom to simply tell my story rather than worry about which canon I am sticking to and all of the rules therein. Don't get me wrong, I love both "canons" equally, but this is fan fiction—it is easier to just stick to my own.

Like many fans of this franchise, I was introduced to Star Wars at a very young age. I was an instant fan and have remained so well into my adulthood. One of the miraculous things about Star Wars is the vastness of its setting: the Star Wars universe is an enormous place where many heroes lived, fought, and died. The Star Wars film franchise told the story of a family of heroes, the Skywalkers; the Expanded Universe (now Star Wars Legends) continued the tale of the Skywalkers and introduced us to many more characters; now Disney seeks to continue that legacy. This fan-novel will shift the focus...

...away from the valiant and tumultuous Skywalker family to a new group of heroes growing up under the iron fist of the Emperor. Heroes, who, like many, suffered persecution and then rose from the ashes of tyranny. The story you will find in the following fan-novel will be of sacrifice, abuse, heroism, and love.

Come away with me, Constant Reader, and together we shall go back a long time ago, to a galaxy far, far away...