Masquerade Mistress ch.4

Ashley's POV

I had just put the finishing touches on my makeup before my phone rang. Looking at the caller ID, I got a bit uneasy, but knew I had to pick up the phone anyway, or there would be serious consequences later.

" Hello?", I asked, my voice shaky.

" Ashely, I have called you twice this morning alone, and about five times yesterday! Why must you be such a fucking difficult child?! You make your mother cry anytime you so much as LOOK at her! If only it were you that went and not your sister, then-"

I listened to him ramble on, saying the usual hateful jabs I had endured growing up. Him constantly throwing my faults and mistakes in my face every second... this man was my father. I took a deep breath when his rampage had finally concluded.

" Dad, I was busy, I'm sorry, OK? Next time I will be right here when you call, I'm sorry." I looked up at the ceiling,willing myself not to cry. Tears were a nonstop constant for me, never ending, always there.

" That's all you ever say,Ashely. Yet your actions never change. You disgrace me as a daughter. Anyway, the only reason I bothered calling you, was to ask you how your progress with, him, was going."

" Its um, progressing, I guess... but dad, he doesn't even love me. There is literally no love whatsoever. You should hear how he talks to me, and"

" I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT HIM LOVING YOU! NO ONE WILL EVER LOVE YOU, THE SOONER YOU REALIZE THAT AND ACCEPT IT, THE SOONER LIFE WILL BE FAR LESS COMPLICATED FOR YOUR MOTHER AND I! SINCE THE DAY YOU WERE BORN ALL YOU'VE DONE WAS BE A NEAUSENCE IN OUR LIVES, YOU'VE BEEN RESPONSIBLE TO END A LIFE, AND YOUR MOTHER AND I HAVE BEEN BEHIND YOU PICKING UP THE PEICES! YOU OWE THIS TO US, AND YOU WILL FOLLOW SUIT TO OUR DESIRES! IT IS THE LEAST YOU CAN DO, TO AT LEAST BE REWARDED BY BEING CALLED OUR DAUGHTER AGAIN! Now, get your ASS moving with this marriage, in the next six months, or so help me God, there will be consequences beyond your imagination. Do.I.Make.Myself. Clear.

I was now a sobbing wreck, blubbering, barely getting words out, barely breathing.

" Do I make myself clear?", he spat again, his voice dripping with pure venom.

"Yyy-ye-yess, yes sir." I had finally managed to choke out.

"You have six months.", and with that, the line went dead.

I looked at myself in my vanity mirror and saw the waterfall of foundation and mascara that streaked my face. As I washed my face off I replayed everything he had said,in my mind. I really was a disgrace to my family. I had caused them so much pain. Everything was my fault, and going through with this really was the least I could do for them.

Pulling myself together, I carefully reapplied my makeup, the finishing product had me looking like a model. With new determination, I ransacked my closet,looking for THE outfit. Searching the most highest shelf, I finally found the box I was looking for. I opened it, taking in the full lingerie set I had got for Daniel on one of our" special" nights. But of course that never happened. We haven't touched each other since we first got engaged. I sighed, thinking of how my life could've been different, had I just ran away years ago like I had planned. I brushed the thought out of my head, slipping on the outfit with precaution. Everything needed to be perfect as of now. Today, I wasn't leaving the office without gaining Daniels lust,if not love.

Daniel's POV

I strutted down the corridor of my new office, happy that I was at work. I had just seen Jennifer that morning, and she looked breathtaking as usual. I sat down in my office chair, reclining back, thinking of her and logging on to my computer. In the midst of typing up a report for my meeting this evening, my office phone rang.