Influences

I need to tell you something important. The Voice stressed, all of a sudden I realized it sounded very masculine.

"What?" I whispered, taking a long way through the tunnels, one that was less crowded so I didn't have to explain my scroll.

Bear in mind I wasn't very strong when I first found you, I was lost, I didn't really know who I was. You've strengthened me Zara, I've been regaining memories and now I finally realize who I am.

"And?" I asked rather impatiently, afraid talking into such an old scroll might ruin it.

I think I'm your brother, Zach.

I stopped and dropped the scroll, which clattered to a halt at my paws. A million thoughts a minute were running through my head and the first thing I could coherently feel was this burning rage.

"That's...that's impossible. He's....I saw him..." I chocked out.

My vision was blurry, I think I was crying as the memories burned behind my eyes as I relived every painful moment.

    "You're lying." I spat, leaning against the side of the tunnel, trying desperately to recollect myself.

I'll prove it to you, the moment we saw each other again after, I told I was afraid I would never get to see you again, and you said you had always believed I would find you.

    My mind melted, the fire in my chest was no longer an angry one. "Th-that's right, but... You don't really act like your old self..."

    I've changed Zara, I can see that now. I no longer have a physical body, but this allows me to see how corrupt our society is, and you're the only one who's strong enough to change that.

    "And this spell, it'll help you come back? So I can see you again?" I whispered, hardly daring to breathe.

    Yes, I can wait to see you again too.

    I picked up the scroll in my mouth again, determined to bring it back to my den where it would be safe. Then I could start working on the ingredients to the potion or whatever it was.

    After I had returned to my den, I rolled out the scroll and stared at it hard, the foreign letters still sadly, unreadable.

    "Where do I start, I'm ready." I replied fiercely.

Alright, it say's the first object we need is the primary feather of a young raven, the bird must still be alive when you take it.

    "Easy!" I boasted, feeling a little better as a familiar confidence started to run through me.

    I turned around and came to a full stop in front of the very purple eyes of my teacher, Seirra, looking confused.

    "What are you dining here?" I commanded, these were my private quarters.

    "I came to fetch you for our training session, today we get to team up with Lysander and Skylark, it's going to be fun." She smiled easily.

    What right does she have to get in our way? Zach challenged her suddenly.

    "You're right." I replied, not to her but to my brother, who was the only one I could trust.

    She's probably just as traitorous as the others are.

    "Great! Let's go then." Sierra answered in a chipper way.

    "You're right." I snarled, feeling my claws slid out.

    "Zara?" She asked, giving me a worried look. "Are you okay?"

    Attack.

    I lunged forward.

____________
Since it's so short you get the next chapter as well.

That should confuse some people.

And just so you now Seirra's not gonna die, she's still the master fighter in this situation.

Also the art is by Chronalilly    :D