The Return of an Old Enemy

"Is the sun setting? Cause I'm freezing, this furless skin is useless." Jay shivered, still holding onto my arm, at least he had stopped tripping so much.

    I'm going to be fairly honest, I had not considered the factor the human ears, noses, human senses in general sucked. After it had gotten dark we had gotten kinda lost because wow, it was dark. It was very dark. Sense of touch however, was new and strangely sensitive. I was used to having all of that sensitivity up in my face, with my whiskers. I guess it was more useful for humans to have it spread out over, weird.

    "Er, yeah it's pretty dark." I admitted.

    In truth the only way I could tell we were going away from Coniurantum was the fact there was no magyk anywhere. Which I was thankful for because I'm not sure what we would have done if we had encountered anything in this state without Zach to give advice. Speaking of him, I wasn't sure when he would be coming back, without his voice chipping in every few minutes or so, I felt kinda lonely. I mean yeah, Jay was here, but he was focusing a lot on getting around and I didn't want to distract him.

    "Where are we gonna go for the night?" Jay asked, after a period of silence.

    I bit my lip, I hadn't thought of that. "We'll figure something out."

    "Yeah, you're pretty good at that sort of thing."

    I peered into the forest, squinting, trying to catch sight of anything, anything at all. I thought I saw a flicker of something white, but I figured I had to be wrong.

    "What does it look like? More importantly what do I look like? Cause I feel weird." Jay inquired again, breaking the quiet.

    "Dude it's really just a bunch of black, and you can kinda see threes but no details." I explained.

    "Ah, so I'm not missing out on much."

    "You look pale, like sand. And your head fur is...black? It looks black." I added.

    He frowned. "Weird."

    That's when I noticed there was a building looking thingy ahead. "Hey, I think I see something."

    "Good, because I don't."

    It looked like a small box, in the ground. Not big enough for a human to fit into but and Ice-claw maybe. It had little slits in it too, and a little knob that looked like a handle but it wouldn't open. Zara rested on of Jay's hands on it as she circled it, inspecting the weird box curiously.

    "Day one, we've found a useless box, we're lost, and probably on the bring of death." Jay offered sarcastically.

    "What a weird random box." I agreed. "Alright lets keep going."

    "Hey!" A new voice called out. "Don't touch that! You could get electrocuted!"

    I whipped around to see there was a short round woman with a tiny in her hand running towards us, very quickly. I panicked.

    "Uh, we don't know what this it." I gasped, stepping away from in.

    She stopped in front of us, and stared at the two of us curiously. Jay was glancing around uncertainly, not entirely sure what was going on.