Epilogue

Epilogue

Amur and Flower began climbing the hill.

"What was it you wanted to show me, again?" Flower asked.

"You'll see!" Amur replied excitedly.

When they reached the top, Flower let out a long breath. "It's beautiful," She breathed.

Amur nodded, smiling. "It was your mother's favorite place. I used to take her here all the time."

In front of them was a massive clearing - perhaps the largest in all the jungle - cut in half by a stream. The water was coming down in a waterfall from a mountain and went down the slope at the end of the clearing in one as well.

"What's this place called?" Flower asked, leaning down to sniff a Hari Champa. "Does it even have a name yet?"

"I don't think so. Shall we give it a name ourselves?"

She looked up at him and smiled brightly. "Atrista Falls!" She exclaimed.

Amur smiled and nodded again before nearing the streams bank. Flower scurried after him energetically.

"I'll never forget you, Atrista!" Amur called, his head tilted back so his gaze held the sky. "Not for as long as I live!"

"Me neither!" Flower called out.

Amur looked down at her, and she returned the look with eyes that were no longer blue, but a very green teal.

"You look just like her, you know," He told his daughter. She smiled.

They looked back up the sky, no longer merely companions, but two tigers with an unbreakable bond. And it all began one stormy night when a tiger, deprived of the knowledge of the remaining good in the world, decided to turn back to a tiny cub.

If there is one thing that the duo and their new family now knew, it was that even when all seems lost, then even when it seems like the end and you have failed, there is hope. Even if the world is dying, much like Amur's world, within the chaos a Flower may still grow; A flower, growing in a valley of weeds.

THE END