Chapter Twenty-seven

|Chapter 27|

- Devyn

"Ok ladies, is everything ready?" I asked the girls as we set up for prom. Prom is next week on Kyrie's birthday and I want to make sure that everything is perfect.

Our 'Under the Sea' theme has come together and I'm excited. It's actually pretty neat and elegant. I'm ready for Kyrie and I to "slay".

I looked at my dress on my phone. It was perfect and Kyrie is going to be just as perfect. Although we've been on some iffy terms, we still bond and do things together. He actually recently bought me a white Corvette. I love that car but I still let him know that, that's not going to buy me.

He's mad because I make him jealous. I'm really going to make him jealous this week. As long as he continues to go out and do as he pleases, I'll do as I please. I have no doubt in my mind that he's still seeing that girl, so I'm going to really make him jealous. I decided to invite Chucky over to the house tomorrow.

When Kyrie sees him, he is going to freak. I think it's just the funniest thing ever.

We both can play the disrespectful game if that's what he wants to do.

No, I don't love or even like Chucky anymore. He's clueless though. I'm only using him and when Kyrie starts acting 100% right, I'll cut him off so quickly.

I lowly chuckled as I checked on the decorations and made sure that everything was fine. The girls, Ms. Simmons, and I have really been putting in work. Miami SouthRidge Senior High is going to be very proud. This school aint the best but I have love for it most of the times.

"Ok this goes right here," I told Daysia as we got everything ready in the hotel. For some reason our prom is on a Wednesday. They would let all seniors and junior skip for the rest of that week. I'm surprised but excited. Today is Thursday and I have six days to get Kyrie and I ready.

________________

I drove my Corvette to my daddy's house. I just picked Willy up from daycare since we had him last weekend and I decided I would sit down and talk to my dad today. I just got off work so I'm in the mood to settle some business.

I looked at William in the review mirror and he was all smiles and two teeth. I laughed and cooed at him as I pulled into my dad's driveway. There was an unfamiliar car here.

I got William out the back and grabbed his baby bag and my purse.

"Come on baby," I said.

"Dev," he mumbled. He meant dad but he calls me and Kyrie that too.

"Yes. We are going to see your daddy," I cooed.

I walked up to the door and unlocked it. I walked into the foyer and saw a gorgeous, unfamiliar lady. She reminded me of Alana de garza from Law and Order. I smiled.

"Hi," I said quietly.

"Hey. You must be Devyn? I'm
one of your dad's business partners. Your mom was a good friend of mine and so is your dad. I heard you were graduating soon! Good luck hun and be blessed. I was just leaving," she spoke. I nodded and smiled. I've never seen her a day in my life but I'm assuming she was a good friend of my mom and dad.

"What's your name again?" I asked politely.

"Oh. I'm Aunt Michelle," she smiled sweetly before walking to the door. William kind of whined as she left as if he wanted to go with her. That's unusual. He hates strangers... unless it's a big guy like Kyrie or something.