11- all's fair in friendship and enemies

3rd person pov

Angel sighed. She fucking hated February, not only was it freezing cold, dismal and raining all the time but what she referred to as "mushy month" had rolled around and everyone seemed to only be thinking of one thing.

Valentine's Day. Even the words made Angel want to throw up and it didn't help that -being unpopular- she was teased for not getting cards. Not that she cared, all cards did was clutter up desk space and flowers where a nightmare to carry around all day.

So on February the fourteenth she was shocked to see a card tucked into the pocket of her PE bag.

"What the?" She muttered and flipped it over to read the back.

You're name is what you are

Xoxo

S. A

"Did anyone lose a card?" She asked the other girls in the changing room. They shook their heads and giggled at Angel getting a card.

"S. A?" Angel squinted at the words.

"Secret admirer" chimed one of the girls and Angel raised a brow.

"How did you know that?" She already knew of corse but it was fun to watch her squirm and attempt to cover up the lie.

"Very funny" Angel laughed and dumped the card in the trash before leaving for lunch.

"Hey what took you so long? Mrs Edison have a go at you again?" Robbie asked picking at his lunch.

"Or did the other girls bother you?" Finn added looking relived when Angel shook her head.

"Nah they made a fake card but it was obvious it was them. Your name is what you are? You can tell they failed English" Angel laughed and Finn frowned.

"That's pretty nasty of them to do that though-"

"Finn I don't care, today is just a regular day to me I've never been into all the mushy garbage anyway"

Angel picked up a lunch tray not noticing Finns face fall slightly.

"But if someone really got you a card what would you do then?" Asked Robbie with a smug smile trying not to laugh as Finn elbowed him.

"Ha!" Angel snorted "I'm not exactly the most desired girl in school Robbie, the day I actually get a card will be the day I wear a skirt to school"

After lunch Angel ran to her locker to pick up her book for classics and went into her classroom after saying goodbye to Finn, Robbie and charlotte.

Halfway through the lesson a senior boy walked through the door with a small bouquet of white roses and a card.

"Is Angel fazbear in this class? I got asked to bring you these" he added seeing Angel sitting there in surprise.

A loud wolf whistle broke through the wall of disbelief around Angel and she took them knowing her face had turned red.

"I... um who- who was it that told you to give me these?" Angel managed to get out. The boy laughed and tapped his nose.