Prologue

"Tonya, what do you think of our relationship?"
"Daniel, what kind of question is that?"
"Do you see us as a couple?"
"Yes, of course! I love you, Daniel."
"Tonya, we are not a couple. I am sorry...."

In those words, tears began to fall from Tonya's eyes, and she could not talk. She could not think of anything else to say, or whatever she had done wrong.
"Tonya," Daniel continued. "Couples talk. We don't talk."
"What?" Tonya was quite flabbergasted now, for she couldn't believe what she just heard. "We talk almost everyday. If I don't call you, that is because I give you space. And you are always busy."
"We are not a couple, Tonya. I have to end the us. Goodbye."

It was then that Daniel finally stood up from the park bench where they were seated, as if he did not feel any guilt in breaking up with Tonya.
"Baby, please...." Tonya caught his hand as he took a step away from her.
"No Tonya. I feel like I am just a crutch for you."
"No! That is not true."
"Tonya..."
"Babe, please.... I love you."
"No Tonya, you cannot call me that anymore."
"Please, what did I do to change your mind?" This time Tonya had stood up from the bench. Tears were flowing from her eyes. The whole park was quiet now and the only noise that could be heard were her sobs.
"It's not you, it's me. I am not ready for commitment." There he was with his reasons.
"Daniel, two years. We were together for two years. We had so many plans...."
"Goodbye Tonya."

Daniel just walked away from her without any second glance. It was almost midnight, but there she was, in the middle of the city park, crying all to herself. Oh, how she wished she could cry out loud, how she wished Daniel would change his mind and ask her back. He was her first love. She did not date anyone until she met Daniel Mozcovic, a Filipino-Russian, whose smiles and sweet promises melted her heart all the time. And now, he's gone.

He left her all alone.