2.

Jeremiah Jose Hidalgo is amongst the top eligible bachelors of Ilocos Norte. He is thirty years old, stands over six feet, with a well-fit body, and is extremely handsome. And what more, aside from the fact that he belongs to one of the most prominent families in his province, and that he is the youngest son of Senator Alicia Hidalgo, he is also a Congressman in his district, which consists of seven municipalities. He's just sworn to office about a month ago, after winning a landslide victory in the last election.

Every young woman swoons at the sight of him. And while he is amongst the list of every young Ilocana's ideal man, Jeremiah, or Jeremy, is already taken. He is in a relationship with Cassandra Manuel - a former beauty queen. The two have been dating for two years now, and there have been some speculation that they already plan to get married.

Jeremy hasn't proposed to Cassandra, though. He knows he needs to focus on his duties as a Congressman. His family is well-known in the province, and he doesn't want to fail. He knows he has to continue the legacy of his late father who was the former governor of Ilocos Norte.

However, no matter how busy he gets, he always makes time for Cassandra, who currently resides in Manila. Cassandra is usually the one who always has excuses not to make time for him, or to even be with him during his election campaigns. Cassandra is not the type who is into politics, not even social works and public services. She did her part in being an advocate of good works and charity(for publicity) during her reign as a beauty queen, but she always complained in private talks about how awful the place she visited was, or how difficult it was to deal with the poor people. She was very thankful when her reign ended. It meant the end of all agonies and hell for her - but not quite.

Jeremy met her two years back at a concert in CCP, just a few weeks after she won her title. They went out for some days and finally it was official. But Cassandra is full of secrets, and she can keep them well, especially from Jeremy.

There was a time, whilst Jeremy was busy in his election campaigns, and she was in Manila, that she met a certain guy named Andrew Robertson - her ex-boyfriend. The two went to Boracay, spent a week there, and Jeremy did not even know about it. Cassandra and Andrew are now back together, and they both know that she only uses Jeremy, knowing that Jeremy is going to inherit properties in Ilocos and even abroad, and also in hopes that one day she will become the next first lady of the Philippines.

Jeremy never knew about it, and some other things that his girlfriend does in Manila, until now.

It is already four in the afternoon, and his first official meeting with his subordinates just ended. He gets his iPhone from his pocket and calls Cassandra. She picks it up on the second ring.
"Hi babe!"
"Hi babe! Ugh! My meeting just ended! It was a long day!"
"Are you tired?" she asked, while laying in her bed, with Andrew beside her, kissing her all over.
"Very tired, babe! Tomorrow I have to visit one of my municipalities to check on how the farmers are doing. How was your day?" Jeremy walks out of his office. His bodyguards follows him. They all stand in front of the provincial Capitol building, waiting for his van to come and pick them.
"Oh, nothing much, babe. I went to your condo in Taguig to check it if it's still clean, then I went to yoga class," she lies. All day she is just with Andrew.
"Thanks for checking my condo."
"You're welcome."
"OK babe, my car is here. I'll text you when I get home. I miss you."
"I miss you, too." Cassandra drops the call before Jeremy can have another second to say anything more, then intensely kisses Andrew.