(five)

After yet another awkward altercation with Corey, he left me to go join the guys at the front of the bus. I took the opportunity to pass out in Joey's bunk. 

Joey had woken me up about an hour ago and I decided to get ready to see Slipknot perform their first show of the tour. I knew a handful of songs off of their self titled album and a couple songs from their Iowa record. I think it was safe to say that Heretic Anthem and Eyeless were my favorites. 

I left on the clothes I already had on and grabbed my small makeup bag from my purse. I grabbed my eyeliner and compact mirror and did my usual winged eyeliner. I wasn't feeling like going over the top with my makeup. Maybe another time when I wasn't so exhausted. 

I touched up my concealer and headed out into the main room of the tour bus. This thing was like a mansion on wheels which made sense as their was ten of us on it. I kinda wished that some of the other guys brought their girlfriends or wives on tour with them. It felt kind of weird being surrounded by just guys. 

"Well hello Olivia darling, don't you look lovely" Sid spoke with the worst British accent I had ever heard. 

"Why thank you Sidney, I try" I replied with an even worse attempt at a British accent. 

"Oh dear god, I see a very scary friendship forming here" Paul spoke up, making me giggle. Sid just smiled like a goof at this. 

. . .

It was now only minutes until Slipknot were up to perform. I watched them from afar doing their whole prep circle thing and it was sort of entertaining. I couldn't deny how jealous I was of the bond they all had with one another. You could tell that they didn't just consider each other band mates. They were a family.

I had zoned out a bit and before I knew it, they were ready to go.

"Fuck Craig's gloves on three!"

"One.... two... threee.. FUCK CRAIG'S GLOVES" 

I let out a snort at that. Joey looked over at me with a big smile on his face. He came up to me and as I went to wish him good luck, he leaned down and kissed me, rather forcefully. It caught me off guard, so I grabbed onto his forearms for support. When he pulled away, the big smile on his face was back.

"You pumped?" I asked with a laugh. 

"Of course! This is the first time I get to play in front of you" he smiled, making me smile like a goof. 

After that I heard a slam and saw Corey storming off, towards the stage.

Joey looked at me sympathetically and I let out a sigh. "I think that's your cue to go" 

He kissed me softly and then took off in pursuit of his band mates.

. . .

To say I was impressed with Slipknot would be an understatement. 

Slipknot is fucking phenomenal. 

Everything they did was like magic. Everything sounded so well and my god they all complimented one another so well. I was so into the music that Clown's mask didn't even faze me at this point.

I had noticed they played Eyeless, which was one of my favorites. They played Wait and Bleed, (sic), Heretic Anthem, and a bunch of other songs that I didn't know the name of. 

"How the fuck are you doing out there!?" Corey shouted, to which the fans screamed right back at him. 

He smiled at that and I found myself smiling. God dammit Olivia.

"Alright this next song is a new one off of our new record Volume 3. This was the last song I kinda came up with. It's about someone in my past. Someone I never thought I'd ever see again. Someone who I thought I'd never wanna see again. And yet that someone still affects me as much as they did all those years ago. This one's called The Nameless." and with that, they picked up into the song 'The Nameless'.