Part 2

I was still being hunted, Mike was now my bodyguard and we were escaping the assassins, by going down a dark alley.

We had got to a store and Mike disappeared to the back storeroom, there was no evidence of a shopkeeper anywhere. I waited at the till until two men came in and saw me by myself and one approached me. He put a hand on my shoulder and a knife against my neck, he told me if I did anything he would slit my throat. He wanted to know who my guardian angel was, because they still hadn't found out. I kneed him and he howled out in pain. I ran to Mike who was just coming out of the storeroom of the shop, the other assassin was aiding the howling one at the front of the shop, so he didn't see Mike. However, Mike saw them and smiled at how I handled the situation.

"What were you doing, he almost slit my throat?"

"Taking care of my own business! Anyway, you handled it perfectly!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me through the storeroom of the shop. It was just full of boxes, I don't know what Mike could have possibly wanted?

We exited into an alley and he pulled me to the end, across the street and into another alley. I saw the door open in the opposite alley that we just came from, and out came both of the assassins! One looked livid!

Mike followed my gaze and realised that they were looking for us. But instead of pulling me down further into the alley he backed me up against the wall, pushed against me and grabbed my hands. He lifted them and placed them on his chest, then he rested his on the wall, either side of my head, he leant forward but he kept his head in the direction of the assassins. I watched them too.

They came out of the alley and crossed the road to this one! Mike lowered his arms so I couldn't see them, he was likely covering my face, I heard them come closer so I looked at him to notice that he was already looking at me, he looked worried, like he was afraid I was not going to like where this was leading.

I could hear them speaking, and it wasn't the nicest of things I've heard about myself, they were cursing about me and coming up with ideas of how to kill me when they got me, they were very close now!

Mike moved even closer to me, hiding my identity from them, and he then unexpectedly moved his face so close that I could feel the heat coming off it. He was thinking about something, like what he was about to do could go wrong, and he was trying to think of an alternate option. But the look in his eyes showed he didn't want to change his plan.

He pressed his lips against mine and as if automated, my arms gravitated around the back of his neck, he pushed up against me even harder, just as the assassins passed us. When we couldn't hear them anymore he moved his hands off the wall, so my face was now in view, and he placed them on my waist. One of my hands was on the back of his neck whilst the other was in his short black hair. He pulled my waist as he now knew I was enjoying this! I lifted a leg against him which one of his hands trailed down from my waist, and held onto it. We finally separated to breathe, but he didn't let go of my leg! Both of my hands were holding his neck and we both just looked at each other. He flickered a smile and I gawked back at him. I could feel my face turn boiling hot.

He snickered at my expression. He pushed against me again, so our upper bodies were flattened against each other.
"Thank god I know you like me!" I hiccuped in response, I had no clue what I was doing. He kissed the side of my neck which sent a shock through me. He stopped and met my lips again.

We heard a gunshot from further down the alley which made him snap to the side I followed his gaze and turned to the interruption. I saw the assassins surround a body. "It's not her!" They were referring to me.

Me and Mike looked at each other thinking the same thing, get the hell out of there! We ran away from the alley, Mike firmly gripping my hand.

***