【 chapter one 】

SM BUILDING; PREDEBUT

A GUIDE TO THEIR NAMES
ALCYONE: SEYOUNG | AME: AKIYUMI
NYX: HANEUL | CELESTE: YUJI
MARE: MINHYUK | HEBE: GAYOUNG
ARTEMIS: SOLMI | CARINA: DAIYU
XIELA: SOHYUN | ATHENA: YEONHWA
ALIEN: ROJU | CHOU: SUZU

⋆★⋆

AFTER THE DANCE TRAINING session ended for that day, more than twenty girls were told to wait in the training room and not to leave right away because there would be an announcement.

The girls were waiting patiently. Some of them started gossiping about their sunbaes or the latest gossips in the kpop industry while waiting for the announcement. Some of them were sleeping, playing with their phones, taking selcas or group selcas. Some of the competitive and hard-working girls continued practicing some dance movements, and some girls were anxious and nervous about the announcement.

A few moments later, they immediately stopped whatever they were doing when they heard a cracking noise of the door being opened by someone.

There was even this girl who tried to wake another girl up from her sleep, but nonetheless the girl hadn't yet woke up.

The staff who opened the door, entered the training room while bringing a paper in his right hand. He didn't even bother to close the door which made some of the girls sunbaenims who passed the training room stopped for a few seconds to see what was going on inside the room.

"The folowing names may follow me into the CEO's office," the penetrating voice of the staff could be heard throughout the now quiet room, giving goosebumps to some girls. Some even were scared.

And then the staff started calling out the girls name that were written on the paper one by one.

"Oh Seyoung," he started off.

Seyoung immediately got up with a bright smile framing her face, her eyes twinkling with hope. It seemed that she was very enthusiastic about what was awaiting her.

"Yushima Akiyumi," the short haired girl immediately got up after she heard her name being called. The look on her face clearly showed that she was worried, her thoughts were webbed with questions that she hadn't yet get to know the answers to.

"Yoon Haneul," the long haired brunette started biting her lips, showing that she was anxious.

"Han Yuji," called the staff. Haneul immediately tried waking up the girl who were sleeping in the furthest corner of the room. When she didn't get any respond from the sleeping girl, Haneul pinched the girl's arm a little too hard, and that did wake her up with a jump. [fyi, yuji aka celeste is very jumpy]

Yuji then gave Haneul a what-is-wrong-why-are-you-waking-me-up-from-my-sleep look. Haneul then told her about what was going on at the time and that the staff called her name, and being a good friend she is she initiated to wake her up.

"Jung Gayoung," Gayoung then came approaching Haneul who were standing beside Yuji.

Haneul held Gayoung's hand when she saw the expression on her bestfriend's face showing that she was anxious. She held her arm to tell her that everything was going to be fine and that she did not need to be anxious about anything.