Ch.6 We made friends with YETI

Ch6

I screamed as I felt my self plunging like a comed towards the ground, my heart jumping rapidly in my chest, threatening to jump right through. The machine landed on to the ground with a deafening thud and sended me flying across the snow , rolling down the hill. I laid there panting, but not willing to move. The snow stung my bare back and soaked my thin cotton dress but I closed my eyes and laughed silently, overjoyed by the fact that I survived the worst.

Soon the cold and dampness of the snow became unbearable and I stood up warily, as a shiver made it's way down my spine. I looked around helplessly hoping for something or someone to rescue me. But there is nothing but infinet hills of snow, and occasional howling of wolves. A dark figure rose up shakily a few meters away from me, and I didn't know if I should be relieved, or to strangle him with my bare hands, since he was the one who lugged me all the way to this snowy hell. In this situation, I'm going to die with or without his existence. Who cares ?

I trudged slowly to Erik, my body shivering like a leaf in the wind, he stood up, brushed the snow off his leather jacket and stumbled. He even had the nerve to smirk as he saw me approach. He stood there motionless in the wind, a black dot in a milky white world. I stood in front of him as he stumbled again, this time I caught his arm and he grunted.

I looked down at his stomach and saw a shard of glass sticking out, around it warm blood was pumping out, steady.

"You're hurt. "I stated. Worried. "You dont say ." he grumbled as he pulled the crimson shard of glass out, his face contorted in pain. He dropped the shard on to the snow, leaving a red stain. "We better get going."he said, though I cant read his expression. He pointed to the east, where rays of sunlight shot out from the mountains, painting the sky solid gold. "There,"he said. "Okay.....if u insist to keep walking to our deaths, I wont leave you to die alone"just as the words left ny mouth, the mist cleared and I made out the faint outline of a tower and a a huge wall like the Great wall in China. "Ohhh. You mean there. So people actually live there."I said slowly, not beliving how lucky I am. "My country. Loads of people. And ofcourse a change of clothes."he pointed to my wet sleeveless cotton dress. I blushed, "How are we supposed to get there, you know with you injured and everthing. I will freeze to death."He didnt answer me, instead he taxi whistled and yelled nonsense, his voice caught in the wind. For a second, I thought he was yelling chinese. After a few awkward seconds, a huge white fluffy giant came lumbering towards us, his arms outstreched, his voice reminds me of a brass band. " Erieee!" he yelled, tackling Erik with a big fluffy hug. He grimaced, but laughed awkwardly." Hi there, Tommy. Long time no see buddy."" Me happy to see u too!"he laughed and clapped his hand in delight. " Hey sure buddy. But one thing though......"he leaned in close to the giant ball of fur and whispered urgently. The giant stood straight up and swept us up into its arms and began walking towards the east. "Seriously? A yeti? "I asked eyebrows rising.

"Long story."he said ran his hands through his hair,"lets just say that I have a large social network."

I laughed silently. And you know what? Nothing feels as safe as sleeping in the arms of a friendly, white, fluffy yeti.