Chapter Eight

Today was the day. Today was the day. Today was the day. TODAY WAS THE DAY.

Harry never responded to my text about Lexi and I visiting him in London. I tried calling him, it went straight to voicemail. Of course I didn't quite there, the next day I tried again. This time it didn't go to voicmail, it went to the automated voice of a woman.

"I'm sorry, but the number you're trying to reach has been disconnect. Please hang up and try again. Please hang up and try again. Please hang up and try again."

So basically, i'll never know if he wanted me there or not, because not only did he not answer, but he disconnect his phone or changed his number. Although we weren't postponing the trip because of him. She still needed to promote her book, which has sold so many copies!

A week ago Harry left for London, the day after that, I shakingly quite my job. Trying to explain and lie to a not so happy Tom in a very inconvincing way.

"And why are you quitting?"

"Uhm...my roommate has just recently published a book, through us I might add, and she was planning on moving soon to promote her book and...uhm...she's kinda my best friend so yeah."

Basically that's how it went, I was scared shitless of this man who was involved in an illegal drug trade and god knows what else, so I made up the lamest most awkward sounding excuse ever.

We all know it would've sounded  a hella lot more convincing if I hadn't said uhm.

Just kidding, I was illiterate as fuck when I was talking to that man, I can only hope that that was how I had spoken to him.

Three days ago Lexi bought us, against much of my protest, our first class plane tickets.

Two days ago I finished packing for every possible weather extremity. From desert weather, to being stranded in Antartica. What can I say? When worse comes to worse, I must be prepared to snuggle with the penguins.

Yesterday we got rid of all of the perishables in the refrigerator, yes we ate them all. What did you expect? For us to throw away perfectly good food? Yeah, I think not.

And today, today is the day. Today is the day we leave for London.

"LEXIIIIIII" I yell into the apartment by the door, "HURRY UP, WE'RE GOING TO MISS OUR FLIGHT."

"HOLD THE FUCK UP, I CAN'T FIND MY PHONE CHARGER OR MY CURLING IRON." She yells back angrily.

"I PACKED YOUR CHARGER WITH MINE IN MY PURSE AND YOUR CURLING IRON IS WITH ALL OUR HAIR BURNING SHIT. NOW LETS GO." I yell back into the apartment as I roll our suitcases out.

"God, what the fuck are you autistic?! We have like two hours until our plane takes off." She huffs to me as she closes and locks the apartment door behind her.

"Lexi, that's not even the slightest bit funny." I say seriously, referring to her autistic statement.

"Sorry Bri, you know my cousin's daughter is autistic. I have no filter." She says earnestly as we hail a cab.

"Yeah, yeah. Just think before you speak. One day somebody will not find that as funny as I do."

"You didn't even laugh though," She points out as we get into the back of the cab and the driver puts our stuff into his trunk.

"Exactly," I say as the driver gets into the front seat. I make eye contact with him through the rear view mirror.

"Where y'all headed?" He asks in a slight southern accent.

"Boston International Airport please," Lexi says, and soon we were off.

*Twenty minutes later*

Not twenty minutes later were we at the airport going through baggage check and practically getting raped by airport security because I forgot to take my tragus piercing out.

I don't care what you say, on me the piercing doesn't look trashy, it's cute, some have even told me classy. You don't even notice it unless you look directly at it really.

"I swear to god if you tap my ass pockets one more time or put me through that machine that shows you my body completely fucking naked again, I will call my lawyer. I wasn't even the one who beep for gods sake!" Lexi says annoyed as you bats the pudgy mall cop looking man with the sausage fingers away from her.

"That was awful," I say to her as we walk over to terminal one, for our flight has just been called to board.

"YOU think that was awful? Please. I had Paul Blart over there with his hands practically ON my vagina. I feel dirty, I need a shower, I need antibacterial soap. I need to be quarantined, I need a hazmat suit. I need to burn these clothing, which is just too bad because I'm wearing Stella McCartney. I need, I need-" I cut off her rant as we reach out seats.

"You need to shut up before I punch you in the boob."

"Ew, Bri, no. Stop. Ew, that's, that's nasty, that's-" This time it wasn't me cutting her off but the flight attendant.

"Excuse me miss, i'm going to have to ask you to lower your voice, turn off your phones and buckle your seat belts until we're safely off the ground." She smiles, holding her hands in a passive aggressive 'i'm-being-nice-because-I-have-too' kinda way, she leaves as soon as we show her out phones turned off or in my case, in airplane mode.

"Thank you for your patience Ladies and Gentlemen, next stop, London, England! See you in ten or twelve hours." The pilot says on the overhead.

"Ten or twelve hours? Holy shit, wake me up when the bring us lunch, and if there's turbulence, only wake me up if you have vodka or tequila or something." Lexi says as she leans her chair back, puts her headphones on, closed her eyes, and went to sleep.

So much time, I might as well reread her book, what can I say? The way Nat and Luke had fallen in love? It was perfect. Literally when closet bookworm met aspiring rock star. And man, he was good.

Well, I assume he was good. 

How should I know, I've never met the dude.

I notice they turned on a movie, but instead of watching, I cracked open the book and started reading instead.

To anyone and everyone that reads this, thank you so much! I'm sorry it's been so long since my last update! I've had like, a shit ton of homework to do and life was just not happening for me at the time.

Lovebugs, I've tried literally so hard to make this chapter good and long because I have no idea when I might update again. I was thinking of putting a cliffhanger, but when worse comes to worse, I think the cliffhanger will be better on the next chapter.

Mostly due to the fact the next chapter may not be as long, oops.

Vote, Comment, and Fan for updates. Thank y'all so much for your support!

xoxo-nat.