Chapter 4

After the spirits have all gone upstairs for their own story time, I approach Samuel. I know he's still distant from my outburst earlier and the guiltiness has been eating at me since then. He's sitting on the stool, staring down at his fingers which are rested on the piano keys. Of course since he can't actually touch them, he just pretends. I sit next to him and start my apology, "Samuel, I am sorry for the way I acted earlier. I shouldn't have yet the age number just caught me off guard and-" 

He cuts me off. "I'm not like this from that, Alice." Samuel's eyes glare into mine and I flinch back the velocity of its fierceness. "I heard something while you were out. And since you aren't to be disturbed..." he sighs. "It wasn't an animal noise, it wasn't like anything. I tried to go but the bind... you know, I can't go that far from you." 

I glance at him, no words are coming to mind right now. What does that mean? I try to deny myself. "It was probably something-" 

"It wasn't. What if it's something from the other world?" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note.

This is a short chapter, insanely much, because it's supposed to be. I wrote it to be extremely short. ;) For a reason.

-Skai