Winter

"With her first hello,she gave new meaning to this empty world of mine."

I guess the only person I had to thank was my dad.He's the reason I met Dalia Hail.It was a drunken mistake on a cold Thursday night.

I was eleven when it happened.

My dad was the angry and destructive type.So when he came home,in the early hours of the morning, in his fit of rage he destroyed our fence.How one man could do that,Ill never know.

He woke up not long after,covered in dirt,hands red and blistering and a roaring in his head.

Despite his numerous apologizes to repair it,he never did.He left that same month with his belongings and empty promises.Leaving behind two broken hearts.Then again,it was nothing new.

Despite the lack of privacy and separation between the two houses,the neighbours never complained.

They never did because they never stayed long enough.Dalia Hail and her parents were the longest family to ever reside there longer than 6 months.

But it was that that drew Dalia and I closer.

We were two diffrent people at day clashing and fighting like two blood lusted warriors,she was the smart one.The responsible one.She was level headed.She knew what she needed and what she wanted.

I remembered telling her it was fate that brought us here but she didn't beleive in fate,she also didn't believe in love.She said it was utter and complete BS.

It took me a while to get her to leave her house.To enjoy life and forget her responsibilities.It took 4 months to be specific.Our first meeting was during a football game.When I walked up to her during an unexpected boost of confidence.

"Look can you please leave,I'm tired."

"My names Winter."

"What?"

"My names Winter,I just came to say you played well,you would've been a perfect addition to the male species."I said chuckling.

"Oh.....ummm....well thanks I guess...umm...sorry for earlier I'm just really upset we lost the game but I'd be a horrible addition to the male species thank god I wasn't born one."She said blushing beet red.

"The ability to work longer,harder and play sports doesn't make you a man."

"Obviously. I was talking about peeing."

"Oh."Had been my intelligent answer.

But the embarassment was worth it.

It was then that we would meet.Every night after that,we would meet outside and look at the stars,but one never crossing the boundary where the indents-where the fence used to be-was.

"Falling Stars,"I whispered suddenly.

"Falling Stars?"

"What if there was something else out there.Another me another you.What if a falling star was actually something else,something that was beautiful to the eyes but deadly to the skin.What if it was something that could heal us all.Protect us and guide us to the right path.What if we missed something?"

"We can't rely on what if's there always wrong."She replied.

"I think its mesmerising."I said.

I turned to face her,lost in thought as she look at the midnight sky.And I wondered.I wondered how such thoughts,such dangerous thoughts could be found in a girl.A girl like Dalia.

A/N: Hey there loves,here's another chapter,I hope you like it.

Please do keep supporting me guys.Comment and vote on this book.
BTW--Sorry in advance for the typos.

Keep reading.
Love ya all.