Winter

"Having no regrets,making no mistakes is all she really needs,"She say's,"But seeking hazardous adventures and living freely is all she really wants,"Her heart say's.

I blinked sleepily at Dalia,fog clouding my vision.She was curled up on the grass,like a beautiful snake.

When she was awake she was alerted, responsible and full of ambition.But looking at her now floating at the edge of wonderland without pain distress or responsibilities made her look vulnerable.

So vulnerable that it felt wrong to watch her in this state,so peaceful with her childlike beauty.

"Winter."

"Yes?"

"Im tired."

My stomach involuntarily did somersaults.She was ready to leave.She was tired.Sleeping outside all night would be a terrible feeling after all.

I knew this,but yet I didn't want her to leave.For once,I thought,Im allowed to be selfish.I didnt want her to go.Well,not yet atleast.

"Dalia?"

"Yes Winter,"she said turing to me with a smile,a smile so beautiful that I momentarily forgot what I was suppose to be asking her.

"Winter?"

"Lets go on an adventure!"

"We can't."

"Why not?"

"Because thats not how things work Winter.You can't just decide you want to do something and do it.You need to plan and prepare."She said lifting her heavy head up,eyes clouded with sleep and ended dreams,before closing them again.

"But maybe you can.Let loose Dalia,stop worrying.We only live once.The worst thing in life is doing nothing.Because your to busy preparing and that thing you want to do will suddenly lose its meaning,because you took to long preparing.A life without mistakes is not a life."

I watched her as she contemplated my words.I watched her as she plucked them out the summer air and made a bouquet of excitement.I watched as her thoughts flitted on her face.I watched as her eyes slowly opened,and her lips twitch into a lopsided grin.

I was giving a temporary escape from the world she lived in,the world that was only made from the colours of gray,white and black.

"Alright,"she said"Where will we go?"

My heart danced the song of the winds"To the center of the earth."

Her smile grew.

I pulled her up and raced towards my house to get the keys.My heart was beating like a thousand African drums as I made my way back to Dalia.

Together,we slipped inside.

A familiar song started playing.The lyrics echoing in the closed vehicle.

I happen to glance at Dalia that same moment.And it was enough to see.With the passing colours flashing brightly against her face and plump lips mouthing lyrics to the song.She looked like a daydream of orbs of flashing colours at nighttime.

"I take it you like Pink Floyd,"I said grinning like a cheshrine cat.

She threw her head back and laughed.

"I dont like them,I love them and this so happens to be my favourite song,Comfortably Numb.My parents dont like me listening to them,they say it will cloud my vision and shatter my inspirations."

"That sounds like a nicer way of them telling you"no you will stop listening to them or you'll end up on the streets begging for food,"."

"It actually might be,"she said grinning before playfully adding,"but I have you,and I know you'll always be there to help the financially unstabled ."

I grinned.

Dalia then reached over and manually wound down the window,letting the summer air rush past and tangle with her brown-blonde locks.

For the remainder of the car ride,we mostly listened to music with Dalia singing and dancing to the lyrics randomly.

We talked a little to,about nothing in particular.

We never made it though.

To the center of the earth.

We did,however,stop for ice cream.And in my opinion it was still success,especially when I saw the breathtaking smile on Dalia's face when I pulled up infront the cosy watermelon pink and candy blue parlor.

A/N: Hey there loves,here's another chapter,I hope you like it.

Please do keep supporting me guys.Comment and vote on this book.
BTW--Sorry in advance for the typos.

Keep reading.
Love ya all.