Chapter 5

*NOT EDITED*
It's Thursday morning which means it's my last day of school before I leave for Spain. I slowly crawl out of bed and over to the window pulling up the blinds. Last night was fun, my brother and I watched a ton of movies and ate a lot of pizza. We both passed out in the middle of The Nanny Diaries, but it's okay we've watched that movie a hundred times. He left for work early this morning, making sure not to disturb me. I walk across the hall to the bathroom to wash face and brush my teeth. After washing my face I realize that I forgot to double knot the hair tie around my bun last night, so now what's left of my bun is laying on my back. This is just great. Because my bun wasn't secured my hair looks like a frizzy mess. I hop into the shower hoping that my hair can be tamed by my shampoo and conditioner. Stepping out of the shower, I look at the clock and mental curse, it's 8:05 and I have to be at school at 8:30! I run out of bathroom and into my room I throw on my uniform. I sit down at my vanity and put lotion on everywhere, can't go to school ashy. Yes I'm biracial deal with it.  I look at my hair and sigh. No time to dry it's already 8:17! I quickly rub some coco butter threw my waves which will dry very curly, and extra frizzy without it. This will the first time I'm going to school with my natural hair just being loose. I run down the stairs stoping to pull on my rain boots and rain jacket. I grab my keys and my bag I quickly run out the door making sure to lock it behind me since I'm the last one out of the house. Covering my hair I'm about to turn to the sidewalk to start running, but I notice that Chase left our car here. I look up and send a thank you to God as a run over to the drivers side and hop in. I start the car and drive as fast as the speed limit will allow me to school.
--------------------------------------------
I park my car in the back of the parking lot since there is no space up front. At this point it's pouring cats and dogs outside, so I grab my bag pulling my hood on and make a dash for the main building. Once inside I head to the main office. Ms. Somerville the office secretary smiles at me and than frowns noticing the wet puddles I'm leaving behind me.
"Oh dear Adriana you soaking!" I start walk towards her desk but she stops me. "Don't move! You'll create more puddles if you do.
  So I stand there shriving while she disappears to the back. Now I'm panicking! What if she went back there to call my foster parents to tell them that I'm late! If the found out the wouldn't let me go to Spain! At this point my mind is racing. Ms. Somerville finally returns from the back with a pair of black leggings and a gray hoodie.
"Your very lucky that we are the same size" she says as she hands me the clothes. I smile at her "thank you I'll have to return them back after I come back from Spain" I say as glance at the clock.
"That's fine honey, let me write you a note for you being late and your no uniform"
--------------------------------------------
Before heading out of the bathroom I look one more time into the mirror. The leggings fit perfectly but the sweater is a little big on me. I roll the sleeves up trying to make them even on both sides. I quickly apply coconut oil all over my hair since it's a little frizzy. I take I deep breathe before leaving. I really hope I don't run into Stassi at all today.
-------------------------------------------
A/N thank you so much for reading, I've hope you've enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for the chapter being so short.