7

I knew school the next day would be an interesting day.

I haven't spoken to Lauren since she picked me up and took me to the hospital. I would've texted her, but I don't have her number... or a phone.

So my nerves were high when I approached the big building. 

I walked into school, and immediately people were looking at me. Not enough people to actually matter, but enough to make me uncomfortable. I hugged my broken hand to my chest, ducking my head and walking to my class. 

I was the first one in the classroom. I always was because I never took any time before school to wander around and talk to friends.

I didn't have any. 

A few minutes later, I felt someone sit down next to me. I looked up into the angry, green eyes of Lauren. 

"Okay so what happened the other night?"

I just looked down and shrugged.

I heard her sigh. "Tristan, you can't let this stuff happen. You need to be careful."

"I can't s-stop it," I managed to whisper slowly.

"What do you mean you can't help it?" she asked, confused. Then her face changed. "What happened, Tristan."

I just shook my head. I was done talking. She was about to say something else, but the bell rang and the teacher started the class. 

A few minutes into the class, the door opened, and all heads turned to see Brad walk through the door. 

"You're late, Bradley," our teacher said, disappointment and annoyance clear in his voice.

Brad just stood there, not saying anything. He was looking at the teacher, eyebrows turned upwards a little. "No shit," he said after a minute, crossing his arms over his denim clad (and probably muscular) chest.

The class erupted in noise, people gasping and oohing My eyes widened. I couldn't believe he had just said that. 

Lauren had started to giggle. I covered my mouth with my non-broken hand.

Our teacher's ears had turned red with embarrassment and anger. "You are off to a bad start, Mr. Simpson," he grumbled, scribbling words down onto a detention slip. Brad just shrugged, taking the slip and sitting down next to me. 

Next to me.

He usually sat next to Lauren, but the seat next to her was taken. I looked over to her and she winked. 

Dammit, Lauren. She had planned this. She made sure Brad had to sit next to me.

I just smiled, laughed quietly to myself, and looked back to my lesson notes.

Towards the end of class during the provided work time, I felt Brad nudge my shoulder. 

"Hey, can you help me with question 5?"

I looked over at him, nodding and nudging my paper his way. He smiled his beautiful, crooked smile and looked over my work. He mouthed a 'thank you' and winked at me. 

My face turned so red, and my face got so hot that I thought my head was gonna explode. 

I turned to look at Lauren, who was already looking at me, a large smile on her face. I hit her knee softly under the table, smiling along with her. 

It was that day that I really started to appreciate her as a friend.

*

shit I didn't realize it's been this long since I updated this book

this is really rEALLY SHORT BUT I WANTED TO UPDATE SOMETHING BC THIS IS ACTUALLY GETTING READS AND SO IS CARRIED AWAY EVEN THO IT DOESN'T REALLY MAKE SENSE BUT THANK YOU FOR READING AND VOTING AND ENJOYING MY STORIES. I HOPE YOU STILL DO!!!

p.s I had a really good gif of brad on here but then something happened and it wouldn't work. sorry :/