Chapter Fourteen:

*Sobs brokenly* I actually cried whilst writing this scene. I couldn't help myself. Prepare yourselves, I can be a cold hearted bitch when it comes to writing scenes like this.

MischiefMaker26 x

Lola’s screams were nothing more than weak broken sobs. Exhausted, she slumped against the sheets before closing her eyes.
“No Lola, you must keep going,” urged one of the servants she had known vaguely before her departure. She believed her name was Laila.
“I cannot,” Lola whispered, her eyes fluttering open and fresh with new tears. “The pain, it is too much -”
“You must keep trying,” Loki murmured encouragingly into Lola’s ear. “You can do this.”
Vaguely sensing Loki’s hand in hers, Lola turned her head to look at him. She was so tired, she felt like death had already come to claim her. She wished she could just close her eyes and go to sleep, to be in a better place than she was in now.
“It is so hard,” Lola moaned miserably. “I can’t do this.”
“Lola,” Loki’s eyes held a direct access into her soul. “Have belief in yourself. Believe in me.”
“I do,” Lola whispered. “I do believe you Loki. I love you.”
Loki lowered his mouth over her hand before gently caressing her whitened knuckles gently. A gesture as sweet and fragile as this caused the tears to retrace their path down Lola’s cheeks.
“I love you, so much,” Loki spoke softly.
Lola nodded. Biting down on her lips, she turned to look at Laila.

***

She screamed for what could have been for all of Asgard to hear, Loki remaining by her side as the light of day eventually began to fade. She thought to have heard the servants exclaims of pleasure and Loki’s lips pressed against her forehead. But it was meaningless. Lola’s eyes closed to the depiction of her lover holding their daughter proudly inside his arms, eyes that were as green as her mother had said for them to be.
Set deep in emeralds.
Surrounded by her family, Lola couldn’t have asked for anything more.

Laila had taken Hela from Loki before he fell before his knees in front of Lola. He listened to his own screams filling his ears. Broken, he wrenched a sob from inside of him, his long fingered hands pressed against his face as the tears leaked from beneath his closed eyelids. His shoulders shook from his broken heart, unable to look at his beloved as he wept before her. Hands came to rest against his shoulders but he quickly cast their sympathy aside. His eyes streamed with tears as he raised his head to look at Lola, who appeared white as porcelain and touching her was like touching ice. Loki lowered his head against Lola’s breast, clasping her lifeless hand against him as he continued to weep brokenly for her. Thor was standing in shadow, watching as his brother cried over the body of Lola. In his heart, he felt sadness towards Loki and his dead lover.
“Loki.”
His mother knelt down beside her son but he refused to look at her entirely. He couldn’t look at anyone.
“Leave…me.”

His eyes were red and his cheeks wet. The servants had taken his crying daughter away, her cries carried with his throughout the empty, abandoned hallways. Night had fallen and Loki was left alone to grieve for Lola. The moon fell across his back and he raised his head to glare at its serenity. The moon’s serrated edge was as sharp as a knife. That was when the idea came to him. He drew back his cloak and felt his hands grasp the hilt of the blade he had been given when he was a child. He lowered his hand over Lola’s partially opened mouth. He watched as he drew the blade across the flesh of his palm, clenching his fist as his blood dripped onto her waiting tongue. He lowered his head over her chest, listening for the moment when her heart would start beating again, to feel her breathy sigh as she wakened from sleep.
There was nothing.
Loki touched his fingers to Lola’s blood stained lips.
“I have failed you,” he whispered. “I have failed you, my love.”
Loki bowed his head and began to cry.