Chapter Two: Silence Speaks

"Don't let her get away!" The leader of the Galra soldiers yells, pointing towards the (h/c) haired female running in the opposite direction, attempting to gain distance between them.

She sprints towards the forest before her, panting from the amount of times she's been caught and manage an escape from the beasts. (Y/n) stops in her tracks, spotting and finally hiding behind a large tree trunk to hide her presence as she hears the soft whispers of the angered militia. Her breathing became steady, the female wiping the sweat that trickled down her face with the palm of her hand, covering her mouth with her free hand so she wouldn't scream or say anything unusual. She simply closed her eyes, as if to block out all her thoughts and comebacks she was going to throw at the purple extraterrestrial beings that searched for her in discrete.

This wasn't at all what she expected when she started the mission for his highness, he said he'd leave her be. That clearly didn't happen. 'It's an illusion to make it look more realistic, child' Haggar's words echo throughout her mind, what sort of illusion and for whom? All she was to do involved only her and the other humans, the Galra shouldn't have chased and tailed the woman, it surprised her and gave her a scarce feeling of nervousness. Exhausted, she slumps over, ready to have another go at tag with the empire whom she couldn't escape from. (Y/n) let out a sigh escape her lips, peeking on the men who wandered elsewhere, probably thinking she got away for some absurd reason that would most likely make no sense to her. They were no longer in sight, the female standing up from her hiding place and quickly running the opposite direction once again. As she passed brushes of leaves and trees, she heard something. Someone.

"-isn't this just the best day off ever?" She could hear a male voice clearly, "it's all because of me," he gloats, clearly quite fond of his actions.

"Yeah yeah, we get it Lance," another says, "you're the best,"

The owner of the voice was clearly female. Intrigued, (y/n) follows the sound, crawling towards them, hiding in a bush and trying not to make the slightest noise. Too late, she stepped on what sounded like a small tree branch. She could hear the grumble of an angry militia that had sneakily followed her, grabbing the female by the collar. She couldn't scream for help, what a terrible mission. It prevented her from safety, putting the woman in danger, she merely squirms, growling up at the Galra soldier, which seemed to get the groups full attention.

"Who's there?" The man in a black and white suit calls, striking a defensive stance.

"It's a girl!"

"Hunk, we can see that," the shorter one says, rolling his eyes, "it looks like trouble found us again, great," he said, exasperatedly.

The Galra didn't back down, sheathing his weapon from his waist and prepared for whatever was to happen. (Y/n) stops wiggling, attempting to gnaw at her aggressor, though he didn't flinch even once. It was reassuring somehow, otherwise he wouldn't be a good protector of the empire where she was raised for jobs like this, to lie without fail was one teaching she had learned from lady Haggar. Of course the woman merely laughed, for a moment the gruesome laugh taunted her, causing the female to freeze and wince in her spot.

Without warning, a sword clashes with the Galra's, arm pulling (y/n) away from the enemy. Searching up, she was reminded of the face of his. The presumptuous man in the hologram that her caretaker had shown her, Lance. A large grin forms on his face as he pulls the female towards the log fire where the others were accompanying each other. The man in the red and white grunts, knocking the soldier off his feet and held his blade to the Galra's neck. His piercing black-grey eyes sent shivers down her back, it may have been only for a moment but she felt the intensity of his gaze. He didn't kill the Galra soldier, the man sparing the life of him and setting him free, making him swear he wouldn't return to their camp site.