Happy 4th of July Everyone

This chapter is 2.5. Kind of like a filler.

Jackie had invited you to a Fourth of July get together. One of your most favorite celebrated holiday that hit you right in the soft spot. You were rather intrigued in the fireworks and food than sleeping at the moment. Most of the gang had hopped into a rented van and discovered a cliff at the east side of the beach. As the whole group including the douch-y skeleton. You glanced at the semi-night sky drew out a relaxed sigh. The sun tints the dark sky by a little. Creating a pinkish, burgundy sky. The clouds were visible against the sky. You remeber days like these so well. Your family would be outside, catching the unknown neighbors stalking outside of their balconies. Cars zooming by to reach to the nearest place to take site of the exploding stars.
"God, it's so pretty out! I'm gonna take a picture!" Lilly exclaimed as she scurried over to the blends of different pigments.
Jackie and Sydney yelled over to get some assistants on a few things. You walked over to the gang as you hooked onto a blanket. Stomping up on the top of the hill, you glared down at the city in interest and fear. Feeling a bit uncertain about the height of the cliff. You stepped back and laid the blanket out promptly.
Meandering your way back to the vehicle,  you caught sight of the firecracker from your child hood. The sight of the item made you smile with a gleeful era.
"Well, aren't I lucky today?" You questioned yourself.
Currently, your friends ran ahead of you on the ledge of the cliff. Lugging around the rest of the blankets and snacks with them.
Leaving you and that devious skeleton behind. You gripped tightly on the firecracker stick and stomped your way up the cliff. Gazing at the sky with a big breathy sigh and grin tracing your lips instantly. The sky was just like the colors of your sweet, ol' memories.

The fire works were stalled currently, leaving you happily lighting up the firecrackers. As they began to sizzle to life, you handed two set of firecrackers to your friends. The whole gang was here and that made you filled with glee. You turned around seeing Serif peer at the sparks. He drank in the firecracker's features. It was like he had never-, your thoughts were cut off. You forgot that the monster's only entered the outside world seven months ago. You smiled softly at him, and clicked the lighter alive. Conjoining the paper wrapped stick with the flame it crackled with a beautiful hue of red.
"Here," You began to hand stick over to the skeleton.
Serif flinched as you branched it over to him. Hesitant, the skeleton slowly gripped onto the sparkling stick. His eye were bejeweled with amazement.
"It's firecracker. I can't really explain it scientifically, but uh it has something to do with zinc and gunpowder. That's all I know about this thing." You weren't honest. You weren't gonna boast about your knowledge against these firecracker. So you stated something dumb and simple with a smile.
"It doesn't last long, but it's quite beautiful." You added.
"That's amazing..." Was all the skeleton said. It was the skeletons first Fourth of July. You let the skeleton in on the somewhat family tradition. Sometimes before the fireworks, you would scamper over to your dad, and snatch a firecracker sticks and light them on fire. Ball of sparks crackle on the end of the stick for only thirty seconds or less. You would grab another stick and bring the end of stick to your cousin's lit firecrackers. As the stick was sparkling with life golden rain- you would call it- would come down. When you inflame the stick, another stick tries to catch the life of the fire works and then other an other stick would try to light itself- the whole cycle over and over again until they ran out of fireworks. It felt like you were resurrecting something that was once dead.
A blossoming feeling of bliss lit inside you as you ignite the firecrackers. It was just like before. Lilly had tossed you a bag of chips, leaving you to pick the bag up. The girl, polite as always, asked if the skeleton would like any. He denied with a 'no thank you'.
Pulling the tabs of the chip bag, you popped in the crispy, oily chips into your mouth. Only eating a few as you devoured the pretty lights the firecracker gave off.
As you continued to burn out many firecrackers, fireworks began to sprout in the the air. After a twenty minute stalling, they had finally came. Your dad stated a fact that every pop you here is a mile.. Or that's what your memories could take back. Firing different colors into the sky and hearing the crackle at the end of the diamonds fall. You grinned ear to ear. Your friends took pictures of the beautiful sight as they always do.
Back at home, when the finale begins barely any of  your family members take pictures anymore. The whole family just wanted to savor the diamonds in the air. Nothing could replace this special event now could it. When the finale began, the fireworks were bigger and had different shapes- such as planets. You could here a women sing the national anthem in the background. The memory that laid with your family had happen once again with the group. You breathed out easily, seeing the puff of cold air as the result of your warm breath. A memory had climbed on you and dragged you back to the past. Where the time comes and everybody would shut up and stare at the sky. Your younger brother would hide in the pit of your step-mom's arm. Frighten of the loud pops of the fireworks. You felt the jolt in your heart when the fireworks crash against the sky's once silent air. The past fireworks would leave puffs of snowflake shaped smoke.
It made the whole family happy as they devour there chosen sweets and take picture of the beautiful man-made stars.

"Happy Fourth Of July everyone..." You murmured to yourself with a soft smile.