Army Dog (Havok/Alex)

Your POV.
Mutation-Sadly You're HUMAN.

You were fast asleep, both eyes closed in the arms of your husband. You felt his chest rise and fall against your back. It was a soft, shallow movement. You felt his breathing against your neck, moving your hair to tickle your neck.

If you stayed still and stopped breathing, you could hear the gentle sound of his heart beating along with your own. The strength in his arms had climaxed since before he left to fight.

You smiled softly, gently rubbing your hands along Alex's arms. You'd missed him when he'd left. You'd missed the comfort of his arms wrapped around you.

Alex's arms tightened around you, a strangled noise escaping his throat. His fingers dug into your sides obliviously as he slept. You get his breathing quicken against the back of your neck.

"Alex." You grasped his strong arms, trying to keep your voice tranquil and calming.

He was still asleep, the pain inching strong and stronger in his voice. Your heart swelled with pity.

"Alex. Baby, wake up." You shook his arms.

He suddenly gasped, loosing you completely and bolting up. His breathing was heavy and fast. He reached up with his hand and racked his hand through his blonde hair. He had sweat beading on his forehead.

You gazed at him softly.

After licking his lips, he met your gaze, his eyes flooding with relief, but then filling with guilt,"I didn't hurt you, did I?"

You shook your head,"No, no you didn't hurt me."

"Don't lie to me." He said, his eyes pleading.

"You didn't." You took his hand. "Alex I promise you, you didn't."

He sighed softly and pushed the duvet off of him and went into the bathroom. You sighed softly and gave him five minutes privacy. It was twelve minutes later when you found your feet and went into the bathroom. He was stood there, haunches over with both hands gripping the sides of the sink. He was looking at himself in the mirror when his eyes caught yours.

You stepped forward and wrapped your arms around him from behind, your face resting inbetween his shoulder blades. You planted a soft kiss on his spine,"Alex."

"(Y/N)." He replied, his voice shallow.

"What did you dream about?" You asked.

"You. You and the war. I dreamt that you were there. That you'd snuck away just to come and fight with me." He said.

"Well that does sound like something I'd do." You confessed softly.

"But you were running across the field to get to me, and a landmine exploded underneath you. I felt everything (Y/N), it was too real. I felt the pain in my chest. It was agony. When I woke, the pain was still there." He paused, only to turn around and cups your face in his large hands. "Then I saw you. I saw that you were okay. I saw that you were still here, with me."

Once he'd finished talking, he leant down and kissed your lips gently. You put your hands over his, kissing back with all the pain you'd felt when he'd been gone. This showed him just how much you'd missed him.

You both went back to bed, and Alex slept, with you stroking his hair and whispering soft words to him.