Chapter 1

Lauren's POV

"Riley, hunny. Please stop throwing your toys up here. Mommy is trying to drive." I scorned my daughter in the backseat.

I haven't spoke to Justin in years for the simple fact that I couldn't bring myself to face him. I loved Justin but he seemed pretty busy in Los Angeles. Since the security got upgraded big time. He has been doing well for himself. You are probably wondering why don't you talk to him. Because I have my life now and he has his. I have a daughter and though im not happily married anymore. I am dating somebody that I once knew. His name is Brody Weston. We haven't been dating for long so its whatever. I made a new friend while at college in New York. Her name is Makayla. She actually became my best friend out there. I am still close with Keegan. Riley calls him Uncle Keegan. 

If you are wondering. Yes, Stephen and got married and had Riley. Though it didn't last because as much as we get along. We still didn't see eye to eye. Of course I am still friends with Stephen. He is Riley's dad. He sees Riley as much as he can being a NBA star. So I try to work around it. Stephen is a great father but it just didn't seem right with him. 

Brody, does well with Riley and he really enjoys her and treats her like his own. Still though I didn't myself marrying Brody. Don't ask me why I am dating him then. Honestly, I don't know. I just want myself to be with a guy and it to click. My whole college career, I was single. I couldn't get over Justin to save my life. As I finished up, I finally touched in with Stephen. And so that is how all that happened. Honestly. I can't hate Justin. If it wasn't him, I wouldn't have my own business right now. Being a criminal psychologist has it's perks. I can help Law Enforcement but I also can be a psychologist. Since I studied for it. So I have to thank him but like I said. He thinks I am still in New York. And I can't bring myself to face him. The whole thing just leaves my stomach in a knot. I haven't really kept up with my love life because I don't care. If he is happy. I am happy. Ya know. I have that special love for him that won't ever disappear.

"Mommy, my shu." I hear Riley say. I look in the rearview mirror at  her lifting up her foot that didn't have a shoe on it.

"Why would you take your shoe baby?" I ask.

"Sowwy mommy." She giggles.

I pull up in the driveway of my house. I notice Brody's car parked. Yes, Brody has a key to my house. He's my boyfriend. I thought it was only the right thing to do.

"MOMMY. BOWDY HERE!!" Riley screamed.

"I know. I see baby." I said after parking the car. I go to the back to unbuckle Riley. I hear Brody come outside. "Well, Well. Look who is home." He says kissing me as I put Riley down on the ground with her one shoe. She began to run. 

"She is happy today." Brody laughed as we watched Riley run around and then finally to the door.

"I am happy she is happy all the time. I want her to stay innocent for a long as I can."

"With your genes. I highly doubt that." He laughed before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"I was going to tell you. I have to turn in so much being that deadline is the end of today. So I may be at work pretty late." Brody said upset.

"It's fine. I was really just going to make dinner for Riley and I. Then watch movies with her. " I laughed.

He turned back around once more, "And I got to tell you something else."

I laughed, "Which is?"

"It's kind of a touchy subject I think but I thought it was better to tell you than to not." Brody frowned.