Chapter 3

Lauren's POV

So I tossed and turned all night. I couldn't sleep. Then to make matters worse for the small time I did sleep. I dreamt of Justin. Him smiling and kissing me all over. How ironic. Then I woke up and looked at Brody next to me and realized everything was a dream. Still if you ask me. The night was rough for me. 

Stephen was coming to pick up Riley today for a couple days which worked out because Brody wants me to tag along to his damn charity event. I just really don't know what mood I will be like after work today. It's going to be a whole different feeling after work. Sure as of now I am happy but after work. I am drained.

I hear the doorbell ring. "Get your bag Riley. Your daddy is here." I say as I hear little patter of her feet. 

"Dada." She says running to Stephen. He had his arms wide open for her. He hugged her tightly as he picked her up and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"I missed you munchkin." He smiled making Riley giggle.

"You be good. Okay." I said.

We both watched our beautiful daughter. "Otay mommy."

"Tell mommy bye Ry." Stephen said.

"Bye bye mommy." She smiled with a wave.

"Bye sweetheart." I groaned as I watched Stephen put her in the back of his car.

"You act like she's never coming back." Brody says with a chuckle.

"She's my baby. You don't understand." I sighed.

"I know but Stephen is a good dad. He will take good care of her. And you know it." Brody said taking a sip of his coffee as he began to walk out the door.

"Brody." I said making him stop and turn back around to me.

"Yes?" 

"Is Justin going to be there tonight?" I ask fiddling my fingers behind me. "I mean you guys are doing business together."

"I don't know babe. He is an asshole ya know." He chuckled before continuing out the door.

Yeah but hes my asshole.

Justin's POV

"I don't give a shit if you have to do 50 fucking times. If you can't send it right the first time. Don't  send it at all dumb ass." I said before slamming the phone down. 

I put my face into the palms of my hands. I heard a voice with a knock on the door. "Is this a bad time?" I look up to see Shane with papers in his hands.

"No. What's up?" I ask.

"I got those papers you wanted me to look over from Weston. And let's just say you may want to read page 45 in small fine print." He says throwing the booklet open to page 45. 

I slowly looked all over page 45. "I don't see anything." I growled.

Shane then threw a magnifying glass at me. I put it up to the small letters at the bottom. It was going into the money aspect. Basically he would get 75% of the profits and all the publicity. 

"Did you run this by Brian?" I ask looking up from the paper.

"No, because if you are really thinking about signing this. Not only will I kill you but I pretty sure your family would kill you." Shane barked.

"I'm not signing it." I said. "I do want you guys to see if you can find anything on these pages in small print." 

Dom raised a brow in confusion. "Why the hell do you want that?"